For sale: 07 gt500 19.5k

03reptile

Established Member
Have ordered a 2011, and my 2007, Performance white, LeMans stripe delete, GT500 is for sale. (has the guardsman blue side stripe) It is in pristine condition, has 19,500 miles, no accidents, or dings. Gargage queen. Modifications: JLT CAI w/tune, BMR rear lowering springs, BMR adjustable panhard rod. I also installed Dynamax sound deadening material from back seat to trunk.
It had the clutch/trans TSB completed on 01/13/2009. Had no symptoms, but dealer agreed to do it. The transmission was replaced with a new one because the dealer's transmission tech quit and the dealer ordered a new transmission, rather then make me wait for a replacement Tech to tear down and replace up-dated output shaft in the original trans. New trans. had the up-dated shaft. Shifts like butter and no issues at all. No cold morning grinding, either. I drive it on winter days here in Md. when roads are clear and dry, so I bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season Plus radials and installed same on 01/13/2009. Much improved traction and handling on cold days. The rear clutch pack was replaced on 08/29/07 due to noise on turns. No issues since replacement. Also, the re-call for reprograming the passanger side airbag module was completed on 03/27/08. The additional mileage (approx 8000) is from four trips to Panama City Bch, Fl. to visit my daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren. Used a Colgan Bra (which goes with the car) and have no rock chips or front end damage.

The car has the premium interior, matching white Ford side scoops, and no tag holes in front bumper. It is in beautiful condition and has never been raced. My 2011 is scheduled to arrive late April, so don't delay if you are interested. The car is paid for and title is free and clear. The original rear springs, panhard rod, and intake system go with the car, as does the Colgan front bra.

Asking $33,000.00 which is a very good price for this vehicle. Otherwise, it gets traded in at purchase of the 2011. I live in Gaithersburg, Montgomery County, Md. (D.C. area) and you can call me at 240-876-5555. No trades (obviously) and cash deal.

07Shelby04.jpg

07Shelby06.jpg

07Shelby01.jpg

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Subing, interested but don't want to waste your time until my sale is complete (deposit has already been received). Hope the timing works out for us.

03reptile

Established Member
04/25/2010: Since there has been no sigifigant interest, I have decided to trade in the 2007. My 2011 has been built and is enroute to the dealer. Too bad someone on this site could not have gotten it. My dealer will make a tidy profit. And no, I will not reveal the trade in amount per our agreement. I got a fair trade in value.

MiamiSnake

Established Member
04/25/2010: Since there has been no sigifigant interest, I have decided to trade in the 2007. My 2011 has been built and is enroute to the dealer. Too bad someone on this site could not have gotten it. My dealer will make a tidy profit. And no, I will not reveal the trade in amount per our agreement. I got a fair trade in value.

You think you got a fair trade amount but Ford made the most profit on you:dancenana:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Now why was that a necessary post? You didn't buy it, you obviously didn't make him a serious offer, you have no business posting in this thread. I don't understand why trolls that feel the need to post in for sale threads when they have no interest in buying the item listed. It simply makes you look like an ass.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

:shrug:Your dealer asked you not to disclose your trade in value on a forum? My guess is 28k + the tax savings on the new car totallled about 31k.

What color combo is your 11', and did you opt for the perf. pkg?

03reptile

Established Member
:shrug:Your dealer asked you not to disclose your trade in value on a forum? My guess is 28k + the tax savings on the new car totallled about 31k.

What color combo is your 11', and did you opt for the perf. pkg?

I got performance white with the grabber blue LeMans stripes. Opted out of the performance package. Didn't like the wheel design and I think the standard suspension is stiff enough. Your guess is pretty low. If I'd got an offer for 28K, I'd have kept it. I think my dealer's reluctance for me to give out the trade amount is based on our 30 year plus, personal friendship, which gave me a substantial edge and a great number, plus he doesn't want to be bound at that figure for future trade-ins. Suffice it to say, I was very pleased with the figure and it sure saved me a lot of hassle.

P.S. Thanks for taking up for me, Pistolwhip, I agree. I don't place a monetary value on the fun I've had with the 2007 and the fun I'll have with the 2011. I applaud Ford for making a car that gives me a smile everytime I drive it. Their profit and my happiness ?...... I think we're even.

Last edited:

'92calypso

Effin wise guy
Established Member
I got performance white with the grabber blue LeMans stripes. Opted out of the performance package. Didn't like the wheel design and I think the standard suspension is stiff enough. Your guess is pretty low. If I'd got an offer for 28K, I'd have kept it. I think my dealer's reluctance for me to give out the trade amount is based on our 30 year plus, personal friendship, which gave me a substantial edge and a great number, plus he doesn't want to be bound at that figure for future trade-ins. Suffice it to say, I was very pleased with the figure and it sure saved me a lot of hassle.

P.S. Thanks for taking up for me, Pistolwhip, I agree. I don't place a monetary value on the fun I've had with the 2007 and the fun I'll have with the 2011. I applaud Ford for making a car that gives me a smile everytime I drive it. Their profit and my happiness ?...... I think we're even.

^^ well said...couldnt have said it better myself :beer:

'92calypso

Effin wise guy
Established Member
^^ wo well said...couldnt have said it better myslef...congrats on the new purchase

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member

No problem bro, glad it all worked out for you and that your happy with the outcome. In the end, that's all that matters. The dreamers and haters can come on here and post stupidity all they want, the bottom line is you had a beautiful car that you traded for an even more beautiful car and both you and your dealer are happy with the result. There's nothing like dealing with people you know, trust and enjoy doing business with.
It almost worked out for me, the guy that's buying my Cobra is flying in on Friday to complete the sale. I would have loved to have been able to make you an offer, but the timing didn't work out for us and it just wasn't meant to be. Either way, I'm glad some people still have a grip on reality and understand that business is business and that dosen't mean there both parties in a sale can't be happy in the end. Ultimately both buyer and seller need to be "fat and happy" if you know what I mean. Good luck with the new car man, it sounds like it's going to be very well taken care of.:beer:

Imatk

Established Member
Man I can't believe someone didn't JUMP on this.

I have a friend who has been shopping for a GT500 and I was super excited when I saw the first post.... but then I kept reading :(

Well congrats on your 2011 man that's awesome... and so was your '07 :)

Users who are viewing this thread