? for my F-Body Guru's

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
I believe the only difference between the Firehawk and WS6, is the hood, cat-back, and intake filter. The Firehawk was rated at 345hp vs. WS6 at 325hp. And iirc, SLP put the final things on them.

I was in the market in 99-2000 for a WS6 and looked at the Firehawk too.

Jroc

Established Member
I believe a 98+ WS6 with Ram Air looks about 10x's better than a Firehawk of those same years.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
The WS6's are pretty nice. I test drove an SLP version and was pretty impressed. I like the Firehawk too - just wondering if the extra coin is worth it as far as performance, collectibility, resale value etc

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Thepizz nailed it. Power ratings were bs though. Ls1s all make about 350hp... Some of the lid/catback optioned cars probably made about 5-10hp more depending.

Too much money IMHO.. These cars are junk and unless it's mint or built I wouldn't give more than 5 for one.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Thepizz nailed it. Power ratings were bs though. Ls1s all make about 350hp... Some of the lid/catback optioned cars probably made about 5-10hp more depending.

Too much money IMHO.. These cars are junk and unless it's mint or built I wouldn't give more than 5 for one.

Wow - good to know guys. Thanks. Guess I'm back to Z06, L, or Terminator.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Either of the 3 are better picks and will retain their value well. Though I think fbodys have bottomed out in value. Always a plus if you own one.. Haha

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Either of the 3 are better picks and will retain their value well. Though I think fbodys have bottomed out in value. Always a plus if you own one.. Haha

Leaning towards a Z but I'll likely jump on the best deal available on whichever one at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread