For fun's sake

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
From a perspective of pure enjoyment, should I change my stock 3.27 to a 3.73 or 4.10?

Welcome to the forum. Id recommend 4.10 for a good fun all around gear. 4.10s should still give you somewhere north of 120mph at the top of 4th gear.

The only way I'd go lower than 4.10 is if you plan to install a turbo down the road.

cbrown9064

Established Member
Welcome!

Agree with Wynn. I have 4.10s and was considering 3.73s before I did the swap. That would have been a waste.

Now with the blower, they may be a bit much, but it is quick! Do it...you will enjoy!

Chris

shurur

Established Member
Generally 3.73 for power adder
4.10 for NA is the general rule.

Always wondered about 3.9.
I was on the fence with a future procharger and wanted 3.9, but let myself be talked into 3.73. I plan to stay NA....

cbrown9064

Established Member
Thank you guys for the recommendations. I actually am going to supercharge it down the road. Would that be a problem? Love your stang by the way

I have some belt issues and only getting 5psi instead of 10psi. With that noted, 2nd gear is totally worthless and they still spin in 3rd. However, I still like the 4.10s as a 4th gear pull is really quick and tops out about 115-120. Fast enough for me. Also when not in boost, it still acts like it uses to, which I like.

Don't know if what I just said makes any sense, but I am am sticking with 4.10s.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Thank you guys for the recommendations. I actually am going to supercharge it down the road. Would that be a problem? Love your stang by the way

Largely depends on what type of supercharger you plan on using. A Kenne Bell, you'll want a 3.73 or lower. Any centri blower and personally I would put a 4.10 in it. The 4.10 gear will also be fun for the period of time the car is n/a before you install a supercharger.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
4.10s are great, that's what I would choose. It's nice to be able to speed up a little bit when you're at 55 w/o downshifting out of overdrive. My main car is still going to have 3.73 but with a supercharger I do not mind them. NA go straight for 4.10.

Users who are viewing this thread