For all us 96 thru 98 guys

jgt58

Established Member
I had to search the earth for the OEM block off cap for the egr bung on the header. Looks like its offered in a kit now!
Screenshot_20181230-232800_eBay.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

omj

Established Member
If your EGR works, there's no reason to block it off. It actually provides better mpg.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
If it does provide better MPG its insignificant. What deleting it will do is drop air charge temps and keep the intake clean. If you've ever cleaned out one of these intake manifolds... the PCV and EGR do a really good job of making an oily mess. Delete the EGR and vent the valve covers to a catch can/breather on the fender and your intake will be squeaky clean.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I had to search the earth for the OEM block off cap for the egr bung on the header. Looks like its offered in a kit now! View attachment 1539835

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

He man can you post the link or PM me the link? My ebay-fu is failing me or its being stupid because I'm in Europe and it keeps wanting to send me to damn spanish ebay lol.

Cobra52898

Muscle/Performance car junkie
Established Member
The EGR serves other purposes besides being an anti-pollution device. It also serves to cool down combustion chamber temperatures in the event they get to high. Just saying...

Users who are viewing this thread