Fop

Sai

Hail to the Skins!
Established Member
I have a question for the LEO's. Every year I give money to the Fraternal Order of Police. I was wondering what the money is used for in general. Also, what is the Fraternal Order of Police exactly ? Is it a union ? Are all officers automatically members ? what kind of activities do they do etc.? Thanks.

jshen

Established Member
Good Question

Seriously..you need to ask the caller whether they're a local chapter or national? What do they do with the money? Who does it go to and for what purposes and HOW much of your charity dollar goes to them as opposed to the solicators on the phone. If you dealing with the national group...you won't like what you hear. Generally when I get calls from all police related groups whose intention is tag you with "they're representing law enforcement and their kids" I go through a list of questions...So far I've only managed to get through about half the list before they hang up. If you interested in giving money to the FOP, contact the LOCAL chapter and ask them...They'll tell you everthing you want from charities they may sponsor to benefits to families of fallen officers...money well spent.

Sai

Hail to the Skins!
Established Member
jshen said:
Seriously..you need to ask the caller whether they're a local chapter or national? What do they do with the money? Who does it go to and for what purposes and HOW much of your charity dollar goes to them as opposed to the solicators on the phone. If you dealing with the national group...you won't like what you hear. Generally when I get calls from all police related groups whose intention is tag you with "they're representing law enforcement and their kids" I go through a list of questions...So far I've only managed to get through about half the list before they hang up. If you interested in giving money to the FOP, contact the LOCAL chapter and ask them...They'll tell you everthing you want from charities they may sponsor to benefits to families of fallen officers...money well spent.

I believe it was the local chapter but I'm not sure. The last part of your post is the kind of thing I want my money to go towards but I'll definitely inquire deeper next time. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread