fontana the 14th and the mcrats

randy

Established Member
Went to Fontana with the rest of socal on Sat...I am not kidding!!!Dean, Chris, and I all left after our 2nd runs....it was like 1:30 when we finally got to make #2..There were soooo many cars....could only muster a 12.2..sigh. Chris finally got a legit 12.x and, if you overlook the fact he couldn't stop cussing at his new throttle body, was pleased...i think. I would like to say however, that of all the people in the world it was Mcrat who really made the day enjoyable! He and Mrs. Mcrat brought their kids and barbeque and(is this a runon?) cooked hamburgers for anyone hungry. They are some of the nicest people i have ever met and i enjoyed talking(Mcrat normally has an audience of 3 or 4...maybe it was the hamburgers......)with both of them..I did not have a chance to run his z, but he did run a faster time than me:gt: Anyway, Chris, Dean, and I ended up parking with the z06 guys and (well..i did) had a good time in spite of the ridiculously long wait between runs......

McRat

Established Member
Great seeing you there Randy!

Yeah, I really wish you coulda stayed for one more run. It would have come down to R/T as I ran 12.05/12.22/12.11.

I got whipped by Chip in his TT Supra. ARRRGGHH!!! Congrats to Chip on his new best of 11.8!!! I tree'd him, out 60 footed him, but he got the win by .088 seconds at the finish.

Great seeing SO MANY '03's in one place at one time! Everyone was friendly and a great time was had by all.

46stang

Established Member
I just got my slicks Mc Rat(pat)! So we'll have to give it another go pretty soon:D The baby is still out of control so i can't get to the track anytime soon. But I'll let you know! It should be closer the next time we race, but you'll probably still out drive me:bash:

What was your guys mph there?? Pretty cool day, did the mph reflect it?
Leon

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Randy,

I don't know why I had such a hard time today but those were my two worst 60' times I've had. The 116.6 mph was my best in spite of the 2.425 60' time. :bash: Hopefully I should be getting some slicks in a week or two. That and a little more practice I'll get here.

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
G'day I was the guy with the other black coupe, I did meet Chris and Dean and it was great to see a few 03 Cobras and hear a little of everyone's mods/times and see everyone run. I'm not quite matching your times yet, best I could do today was a 13.2 but I'll be working on it.
See ya next time.
Brett

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I had a good time inspite of the LOOONG wait. Now if LACR could prep their tack half as well. :lol: Two runs in 4 hours was kind of weak and the tech line, I don't think it had ever taken me that long to get through. First pass I didn't even get a real timeslip. I had to go to the "tower" to get it. I was rewarded with a 12.91 but only @ 104 :shrug: My next pass was a 12.82 @ 107.7 still a slower mph than I had gotten at LACR already. So no more uncorrected 12's for me I finnaly have mine in hand. I think I might just have to add my new favorite quote from Randy to my sig, "Hey there's the fastest, highest Hp, non pullied '03 inthe world!" :lol:

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Hey guys,

There was an insane amount of cars there. I'm there just about every time they are open and I can honestly say I had never seen it that way before. It was great to see so many 03's ,z06's and C5's out there. It was like a car show with so many great cars. Here is kind of a kicker though; I went back on Sunday and got in 8 runs and that was with a trip to Whittier at the lunch break and missing a couple calls for domestics. It was nice to talk to you guys and drool over your cars.

Alex
White 96 Cobra

Users who are viewing this thread