Foglight Install Questions

soccer8888

Tech. Noob
Established Member
Ok, so I'm putting (finally) foglights back in the Cobra (long story), and I got the lights, bezels, bulbs, and these U-shaped brackets from Steve at Tousley Ford. I've got 3 questions really:

1) What size screw holds the lights onto the bumper? I checked in there, and there aren't any threads so it's gotta be like a wood or metal screw that digs into the bumper material, right?

2) What the hell are the brackets for, and how are they used? They don't seem to match up to any holes or curvature....

3) When I line up the light and bumper, there is a slight gap around where the glass meets the bezel. Is there a way to get around this other than shaving off part of the bumper where the light screws in?

Thanks in advance!

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
soccer8888 said:
Ok, so I'm putting (finally) foglights back in the Cobra (long story), and I got the lights, bezels, bulbs, and these U-shaped brackets from Steve at Tousley Ford. I've got 3 questions really:

1) What size screw holds the lights onto the bumper? I checked in there, and there aren't any threads so it's gotta be like a wood or metal screw that digs into the bumper material, right?

2) What the hell are the brackets for, and how are they used? They don't seem to match up to any holes or curvature....

3) When I line up the light and bumper, there is a slight gap around where the glass meets the bezel. Is there a way to get around this other than shaving off part of the bumper where the light screws in?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Ryan, I just pulled a fog light and bezel and it looks to me like the fog must screw right to the bumper cover, is that correct? After looking at it I think the seperate bracket they list is just incorrect and the only other bracket only comes on the fog light.

As for the screws, That's another great Ford thing. They don't list anything for it but you are right about the style screw to use, you just have to find a size that fits. Ford is LESS than helpful when it comes to many hardware items.

I think there needs to be a bit of a gap so the hot fog light is not up against the bumper cover.

Users who are viewing this thread