fog lights help

fastlighting

Established Member
i was wondering how u do to turn on the fog lights without turn ur headlights on if somebody can help me i appreciate im new in these lighting world thanks:beer:

hillman

Established Member
you got to take the headlight switch assembly out and modify it and splice wires together. its not that bad. there should be a how to on here or a link to a how to. search for it

LSUstang05

Established Member
I would answer RIDE THE's question. I followed the wrong instructions and it cost me $1200 bucks. It's different wiring for different years so make sure you have the right info...

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
There are two different way to do the fog light mod. You can pull the switch apart and file down the plastic but you still need to manually turn the fogs on by pulling the switch out.

The other option is to re-wire the circuit and the fogs will come on anytime the parking lights are turned on. They will even work in the auto position.

The 99-00 are wired up different from the 01-04.

The 01-04 is very simple.

All you need to do is splice in a jumper wire from the Brown wire to the Yellow wire.
img022.jpg

The 99-00 require two more steps.

Remove the 5 amp fuse #27 in the Central Junction Box (inside fuse panel).

You still need to jumper a wire but the colors are different. You need to jump the Brown wire to the White/Black wire. Next you need to splice in a wire into the Yellow wire. Then run that wire down the A pillar and ground it to the body.
img024.jpg

It's works just the same as normal but you are just changing the controls for the foglights is all.

The only down side to hard wiring it this way is that you cannot shut off the fogs. If the parking lights are on, the fogs are on.

Last edited:

01whiteL

Established Member
About grinding the switch....its VERY simple simply find a small round file (and I mean small) and put it into a battery powered hand held drill or electric either or. Place the file where need be and file it down with the drill....

Work smarter not harder :beer:

Took me less than 10mins taking the switch out to having it back in, plus it looks factory by simply turning the switch to yellow's and pulling out on the switch.. Nothing loose or rattling.

ez112

Established Member
Wait wait. So JUST filing down the part preventing the knob from being pulled will do the trick?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread