fog light upgrade for 98 cobra

secretz

Whipple donator wanted
Established Member
Okay, so one of my lights went out (and of course, I'm sure the other one will go out soon enough), but I'm looking for a upgraded aftermarket set (ie. higher kelvin temperature or whiter/brighter). All I have found so far are a bunch of stock replacements...does anyone here have any that are NOT stock? If so, brands...and pix would help a lot. thanx. :)

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
People tend to upgrade the entire housing with Envoy fog lights from a GMC, they are bigger and fill the space much more and produce a brighter light as well

edit: you do have to modify the brackets so its not a plug and play swap

Last edited:

uh0h50

Established Member
if you end up going the aftermarket route ie an HID setup, go for the 3000 k set up. gives off a nice yellow. do a search here or sn95mustangs forums. lots of help in the search function there.. i went with the JDM yellow luminics 893s, and are just a stock style bulb with a yellow tint at 2500 k. looks great.

Last edited:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
If you look in the "How-to" section you'll find write ups for not only the Envoy fog light mod, but also the Dakota fog light mod. I think I'll be going with the Dakota fog lights.

secretz

Whipple donator wanted
Established Member
jeez, this really blows. I was hoping for a higher kelvin (ie. 5000k or at the very least a 4000k), I want to go for white...not softwhite.
Thanks anyways guys.

Users who are viewing this thread