Fog light pics, suggestions???

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
I'm having an issue with my fog lights. I'll let the picture explain.

FogLight.gif

Any suggestions as to what aftermarket fogs fit in the housing and don't suck up water? I'm currently using the "CyberWhite by Navigator" suggested by this thread http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154129 Blowing fog lights is so frustrating :cuss:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
soniclightning said:
One of my fog lights gets water in it ever now and then. I need to buy new ones.

They'll replace them under warranty

o0prodigy0o

Established Member
Damn looks familiar!!! Ford has always had that problem my 93 GT did the samething as well as my 98 Cobra the L has yet to do it but they are not stock any longer. Resealin them did the trick on my Cobra but on my GT I just ran some ram air tubing and deleted the fogs.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
An 02 having a warranty? Hope they bought the extended. Other than that, you need a new light. Goto Ford, they are a little pricey tho unless ya wanna order it through the parts guy whom has a sticky in this forum. Good luck.

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
Thank you for the responces. I am no longer in warranty, but the stock fogs haven't been used since they cracked at 1,200 miles back in 2002 anyway ;-)

The stockers didn't do much for lighting up the road. Using aftermarket glass units with H3 bulbs make the fogs functional and a big improvement in night time saftey. Something I wish to continue, so no Ford factory units of any kind for me.

Today I took matters back into my own hands and purchased these new units
Foglightfix.gif

Notice the much impoved design over the ones in the water puking picture. No longer a leak prone screw in backing and crappy little gasket for the electrical. Now a nice sized impressive looking rubber surround covering electrical and bulb connections. There is a small drain whole in the housing but I don't think this design will take on nearly the same amount of water. I plan to use a little silicone to double seal the opening in the boot. Wish me luck.
:beer:

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Where did you buy those, i have a buddy with a 02 with cracked up fogs and he's wanting to get new ones. I had Ford put the newer style in mine right before my warr' ran out, and so far no cracks.

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
Lightning LA said:
Where did you buy those, i have a buddy with a 02 with cracked up fogs and he's wanting to get new ones. I had Ford put the newer style in mine right before my warr' ran out, and so far no cracks.

Well, the ones I was using before that seem to take on too much water every three months or so are "Cyberwhite by Navigator" NV-607WK. Rip out all the factory brakets and these will kind of fit right in the factory holes w/o modification, all factory wiring can handle output. Don't drive in rain and these are perfect. They were purchased at Walmart for $40 and come with very good H3 bulbs.

The new ones in the pic are "Cyberwhite by Navigator" NV-602W. They don't have the outside light up "ring" or "halo" the 607wk had, a very big plus. I purchased these from Pep-boys for $40 and they also include the H3 bulbs.

I will post up results once installed, hopefully I'll have time later today.
:burnout:

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
Well I put them in, and wasn't happy. The NV-602W was a little too small and a little to "blue". Back to the store I go...

Users who are viewing this thread