fog light mod

chuckdlightning

Established Member
Hey Guys, I tried searching for this mod, but had no luck. I'm wanting to know how I can get my fogs to automatically come on. What's the use in having automatic h/l's if you have to turn the switch and pull for the fog lights to come on anyway. I saw a thread a long time ago where someone was describing how to splice into the corner lights so that every time they came on the fogs would come on as well. Somebody please help. or direct me to the correct thread. Thanks

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Since this is kinda related I must ask, how do you guys get the headlight switch out? Ive got all the how to's and other pages bookmarked that "show" you how to do it but actually doing it is another story. Maybe im just a pud but Im afraid im going to bend the plastic around the switch trying to undo the "clips" to pull it out. Any secrets?

chuckdlightning

Established Member
i seached the how-to section before i posted this thread. I figured it would be in there, but i was not able to find ANYTHING about it. Correct me if I'm missing it, but i looked at all 5 pages of it.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
Since this is kinda related I must ask, how do you guys get the headlight switch out? Ive got all the how to's and other pages bookmarked that "show" you how to do it but actually doing it is another story. Maybe im just a pud but Im afraid im going to bend the plastic around the switch trying to undo the "clips" to pull it out. Any secrets?

stick a flat head under the trim and pop it out...you see i small opening in the center at the bottom.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
stick a flat head under the trim and pop it out...you see i small opening in the center at the bottom.
So you just have to stick a screwdriver in that "lip" on the bottom to remove it? I was thinking there was like 3 tabs you had to loosen at the sametime to get it out. I'll try what you said though, thanks!

BTW, to the original poster, is this what you were looking for?
http://f150online.com/tech/lightningfog1.html

Last edited:

CHIZ

Established Member
i seached the how-to section before i posted this thread. I figured it would be in there, but i was not able to find ANYTHING about it. Correct me if I'm missing it, but i looked at all 5 pages of it.

let me see if i can find it...:banana:

CHIZ

Established Member
So you just have to stick a screwdriver in that "lip" on the bottom to remove it? I was thinking there was like 3 tabs you had to loosen at the sametime to get it out. I'll try what you said though, thanks!

BTW, to the original poster, is this what you were looking for?
http://f150online.com/tech/lightningfog1.html

correct...stick the screwdriver far enough back where it catches the entire assembly rather than the face....you'll see what i'm talking about.

Give it a gentle tug and it'll pop out.

Z7What