Fog light issue

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
Right side fog light keeps blowing. I dont mean going out, I mean literally exploding. This is the third time. I've had it to Ford and they did a complete trace on the line and confirmed no short or exposed wire. Anyone have a clue whats causing it?

TXLIGHTNING

Established Member
having the fog lights on for any length of time will cause them to heat up and in the instance where water hits them when they are hot they will shatter....have had it happen on my 02 but got them replaced with newer ones that are not suppose to have that problem

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Check to make sure ALL the broken pieces are cleaned out of the housing before installing the new bulbs. I had the same problem in my Stang, and it was caused by leftover broken glass. Once I got it completely cleaned out, I never had to replace a bulb again.

00QckSlvrLight

As Fast As Lightning!
Established Member
Same problem I was having, I just replaced the whole assembly with some from a 93 GT. Havent had any issues since.

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
I just fixed my Fog Light Yesturday for the same problem. My Connector that slips on the bulb was trashed. Water, sand, Salt, etc gets in it and the connector was arcing, I will go get the ford part number and post it later, there is a replacement pig tail connector that even has twice the wire gauge as the stock connector. I will post later

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
I called the closest SVT dealer today and told them both of my fog lights had condensation in them and that it was blowing my bulbs. They put me on hold for a few minutes and the service manager got on and said they would replace them free of charge as they are still under warranty.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Yup, i have to get one replaced under warranty here as well. Its got broken glass, and 1 1/2" of water in the bottom.

STRIKEU

Established Member
Crazy, I have had my 04' in 4 times for fog lights and they said they can not replace the fog assembly unless its holding 50% water!!! So i told them next time i have to come in here for a fog light ill be sure to have a goldfish in it!! Anyway check to see if your actual lens is loose and little wobbly cuz those fog light bulbs have no impact or moisture resistance. I just replaced the headlight bulbs and fog bulbs with aftermarket from ebay, and i love them. They have offroad impact resistance and moisture, cost me 30 bucks. And they look bad ass, its the super bright white with the blue tint. Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread