Fog Lamp Replacement Question

Weasel

Established Member
I just got headlamp and fog lamp Xenon replacement bulbs from Showparts.com. The foglamp number is 893.
I have two questions. When I unscrewed the fog lamp bulb mount I noticed that the hookup is L-shaped. The replacement is straight plug in. Is the 893 the correct bulb ? And how do you unhook the bulb from the wiring plug on the 03 ?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

M

Masked Bandito

First off you should just have to twist the coupling counter clock wise..... Then you have to "lift" the clip with your fingernail and pull.......... If it is, Indeed the L fitting (which mine was) then you got the wrong plug. I will hunt down some good links for you bro' hang on.

Weasel

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I got the wrong bulbs. I did a search before posting but somehow missed those posts. Also, thanks for the help on the clip. I was laying on the ground trying to get a good look, but the car is too low. I was doing the opposite (pushing the clip).

Mike

cobra 829

Established Member
Originally posted by Weasel
I just got headlamp and fog lamp Xenon replacement bulbs from Showparts.com. The foglamp number is 893.
I have two questions. When I unscrewed the fog lamp bulb mount I noticed that the hookup is L-shaped. The replacement is straight plug in. Is the 893 the correct bulb ? And how do you unhook the bulb from the wiring plug on the 03 ?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
PART#899

Last edited:

Weasel

Established Member
Re: Re: Fog Lamp Replacement Question

Originally posted by cobra 829
PART#899

I don't think so, but thanks.
I replaced a bulb this past weekend for the fog lamp on my wife's 97 Explorer and it was #899. The one on the Cobra is different, and 9005 is correct.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread