Focus body question(s)?

Solo500

Established Member
Looking at joining you guys and having a Focus as a daily driver, only one problem. It was wrecked but I might be able to pick it up fairly inexpensive.

It runs and only needs minor body work but it needs a new front and rear bumper. Would an aftermarket ZX3 front bumper work? I could live without the fog lights. :p Also would this rear bumper fit the SVT's exhaust? thanks in advance for any help

CLICK HERE TO VIEW REAR BUMPER

jasonpalamar

Established Member
just go to bodykits.com and get a whole kit for like 600 bucks. the SVT front is alot different the the stock so make sure you tell them you have a svt and they will let you know if it is a direct bolt on or not. not sure about the rear bumper with the exhaust.

HTPerformance

Any body kit designed for the 00-04 Focus will fit on the ZX3. Just be sure it was made for the ZX3, not the wagon, ZX5 or ZX4 (ZTS).

The opening for the exhaust should be the same, and you can probably hook up base model zetec fog lamps to most kits.

Most kits will need quite a bit of prep work such as sanding, priming, etc for proper fitment.

That yellow kit is ugly IMHO...

This seems like a great deal http://www.fasterthanthem.com/product.php?productid=338340
Not sure about the seller, but that kit usually goes for $1900 from Roush.

Cheers,
Brian

Last edited:

jasonpalamar

Established Member
I got the pro DTM kit that allowed me a direct bolt on for my SVT ZX5 for bodykits.com plus i got fenders and a hood. totalled arround 1400 shipped.

Ataru

Established Member
Any body kit designed for the 00-04 Focus will fit on the ZX3. Just be sure it was made for the ZX3, not the wagon, ZX5 or ZX4 (ZTS).
Cheers,
Brian

Kits for the ZX5 will fit the ZX3 as well. Front and rear bumpers are the same. Only issue is some ZX3 sideskirts (like the early WW kit or the Cervinis kit) might cover part of the rear door on a ZX5.

jasonpalamar

Established Member
bodykits.com sells the kit for zx3 and a separate one for zx5. their 800 number is really good and can answer any questions. i had a great experience.

Users who are viewing this thread