fobra for sale that "whips 03 cobras"

Nino S

Established Member
I see many fobra's when looking through classifieds and ebay but this one I had to share. 01 GT for sale and the owner says it whips on 03 cobra's but has tried to make it look like one. i just dont understand some people.....

Ford : Mustang:eBay Motors (item 150348000612 end time Jun-01-09 18:46:30 PDT)

About the 2001 GT mustang
This mustang is in tip top condition. I have made sure while in my hands it has had the love and attention it deserves.
New tires have been installed, radiator has been flushed and filled, new tranny fluid and motor oil have all been done.
The motor and tranny are super strong with no issues to speak of since i took ownership of the vehicle.
This special vehicle has a bit more pep in it's gallop by installing a kenne bell BIG BORE Twin Screw 2.1L Supercharger.
By installing this kit the vehicle now has gone from 225hp to over 400hp AT THE WHEELS,and with the kenne bell switch chip for race fuel and gain about another 100 hp is what the website claims. The vehicle is extremely well behaved on the street and not extremely noisey in the cabin.

Parts installed:
Largest Displacement - Most Powerful Twin Screw BIG BORE Twin Screw 2.1L Supercharger
Mobil 1 50w synthetic inside the blower.
Bar and Plate Intercooler ("Intercooled" kit only)
HD Heat Exchanger ("Intercooled" kit only)
Intercooler Pump ("Intercooled" kit only)
Water Fill Reservoir ("Intercooled" kit only)

36LB injectors,
upgraded MAF system 90MM,
80MM throttle body,
Kenne bell boost a pump,
1heat range colder spark plugs,
bbk offroad h-pipe,
Auto Trans with B&M deep sump pan.
3.55 rear
OFF ROAD BBK H PIPE ,full FLOWMASTERS cat back exhaust to the chrome tips.
MUCH ,MUCH MORE ,RIMS,ECT....

Power adder:Given that history of success, it was just a matter of time before we introduced the ultimate intercooled and non intercooled kits for the '96 up 4.6 Mustang GT. And it's calibrated in house by Kenne Bell programmers. As with all our kits, we've thoroughly dyno tested it at varying boost levels and with other Kenne Bell product options. All major kit components are pre-assembled, sealed and tested. It's ready to bolt on. Only the best and most efficient components are used - bar and plate intercooler, Garrett heat exchanger, billet Kenne Bell Twin Screw supercharger, billet bypass valve etc.

Performance? This supercharger makes maximum power and torque because of it's 90% efficiency and lower parasitic loss - at any rpm. At either 9 or 14 psi it produces more power than an '03 Cobra. It's what you'd expect from Kenne Bell - an abundance of smooth, quiet, brutal power in any gear at any rpm from 1500 to redline.......................................................................

All these mods were done at 10k miles and now has 19,702,and yes it does whip a stock 03-04 cobra with ease. The car has no issues and is in like new condition YOU WILL BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND A CLEANER 01 MUSTANG.

Picture446.jpg

Na5ty 2V

Established Member
not to mention the rear looks like it still has a 4x4 kit on it.....

Ronias

Established Member
im pretty sure that car will whoop 03 cobras, stock 03 cobras, but he sounds like an ass and its only a 2.1 blower. not the largest for the car. dudes seriously fluffing up his add

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
im pretty sure that car will whoop 03 cobras, stock 03 cobras, but he sounds like an ass and its only a 2.1 blower. not the largest for the car. dudes seriously fluffing up his add

Thing is, i would rather have a stock 03/04 cobra than an automatic fobra with stickers on the side...

JMHO

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
What the hell is up with the louvers that are riveted on the hood?? Other than that a few other small things the car looks clean but if it's running enough boost to "whoop up on some 03 Cobras" I'm not sure how long that motor will last. Did it even say anything about where it was tuned or if was even on a dyno at anytime?

fastlane65

Starting lots of projects
Established Member
This special vehicle has a bit more pep in it's gallop by installing a kenne bell BIG BORE Twin Screw 2.1L Supercharger. By installing this kit the vehicle now has gone from 225hp to over 400hp AT THE WHEELS

Wow. 400 HP. All that work just to get the same power a stock cobra uses to roll off the assembly line.
:bash:

04BlkMach88

Established Member
Fobra FTW! JP
It is a clean car, I just don't like the fact that he has Svt & Cobra on his car.
I'd rather have a GT that whoops on Cobras then Then a Fake Cobra.
JMO.
:burnout:

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I hate FOBRA'S to begin with. There's nothing wrong with putting the body parts on a GT, but don't put the damn badges on it too. And fill in the rear if you're going to do that! Other than that, clean car.

Nino S

Established Member
is op trying to say that it cant out run a stock 03 cobra

not at all, I am sure it would probably run decent but it makes no sense to talk crap against a car that you tried to make look like your own. I actually think that is a good buy for the money and miles with the mods. would just take a little money to make right again without all of the fobra add ons

Users who are viewing this thread