Foam mattress

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
looks like you have a choice between 6,8,10 and 12 inches. I'm looking at the 10 incher right now, but want to know if you guys have any comments or reviews on them in any size. This is for an adjustable bed.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I have a Sleep Ez 10" natural latex foam mattress. Best mattress I've ever had by far.

IMO 10" is the sweet spot. Anything less is too thin, even for many fitted sheets to properly fit. 12" could be ok but I dont see the added benefit from those last 2".

SeikenFreak

2 Scoops
Established Member
I bought this (<Link) 12" one off Amazon after a recommendation from someone at work. I've never used a foam mattress before and I had been sleeping on the same busted ancient mattress and box spring for 20 years.

I'm using it on the floor with no box spring and I'm pretty happy with it? It's been about 6 ish months. I don't think I've had any unusual sleeping effects or behaviors since then. I did end up buying this mattress pad (< Link) because it felt a little stiff to me. I like something I can sink into a bit.

It also does get a bit warmer than I had with the regular old mattress.

Take it with a grain of salt. I'm no mattress professional.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
The last 2" is the most important just ask any women LoL
Nice one!

I don't know OP. I have a Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme and it is pretty great, it is 12" I think. I spent some hours laying on beds in various stores while playing on my phone. The Cloud Supreme wasn't the first I tried but it ended up being the benchmark and I eventually came back to it.
I don't think you can define the choice by inches, as much as you would like to use a metric that is easier to decide on. I think ultimately the only way to know is to try different ones.
I bought mine at a high end dealer with an excellent return policy but I never needed to return it. I think it might be worth visiting a specialized store.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
It also does get a bit warmer than I had with the regular old mattress.
This is truth. I tried both the Cloud Luxe and Cloud Luxe Breeze (also FYI, I bought the Luxe, not the Supreme like I originally said) and I decided that I am a cold sleeper and I should get the Luxe, not the Luxe Breeze. Well, within weeks of getting the bed I was regretting my choice because I was blaming the bed for being hot at night. Reality is, I don't sleep well without air conditioning in the summer so the bed can't be blamed for that anyway... AC on, and no problems with heat.
In the winter though, I would be rather unhappy with the breeze as I do sleep cold and already require more than 1 thick blanket.

deletednow2017

Established Member
I just bought a 10" one.. it definitely takes getting used to. It has been one week and I have hated every night with it so far, but the GF swears it is like sleeping on a cloud. I think I just need to give it time.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I have a regular coil bed (I think) with a 3" memory foam topper. Tried a 2" and it was too short and a 4" too tall. I love the set up and wouldn't have it any other way.

Users who are viewing this thread