FNG Intro

96Cobra1773

Established Member
Hey guys, found this site a few weeks ago after diggin out my old Cobra. Bought it in 2004 with 33k miles. During the next year, i added several goodies including a stage 3 Procharger kit running 6lbs.

I wont get into all the drama from back then, but after a certain mustang shop here in the Phoenix area dicked me over for several weeks and over a $1000 in "tuning", i lost compression in cyl 7 and 8 while putting on a nice smoke show out the exhaust. Limped it home, towed it to a more reputable shop who did the diagnosis. Said most likely broke the piston lands.

With no extra money for the rebuild, in 2006 the car got towed to grandmas enclosed extra garage where it sat under a car cover until a few weeks ago. 44k on the clock, Cobra #1773 and 1 of 220 in this color combo (yellowmustangregistry).

Quick pic of the car. Hope i did it right...
[*IMG]https://imageshack.com/i/iqikxFNnj[/IMG*]

Future plans include rebuilding a forged bottom end in the factory block. Its been so long since ive dealt with Mustangs i gotta re-learn all the tricks and which are the good/bad replacement parts.

Thanks in advance for any and all hints and advice!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Glad you found the interest to fix her back up after the bone job. Looking forward to how she turns out. Good luck man!

73ed4460a1b101bf92c7a7df68397f8c_zps05942c9e.jpg

Last edited:

96Cobra1773

Established Member
Thx man! Plan to up the boost a little to 9-10lbs and rework the intake and MAF. Would like to get 400-425hp to the wheels when im done. It allegedly made 343rwhp before it took the dirt nap.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Ohhhh it's nice. I miss Arizona so damn much!

Hopefully you get it all fixed up, also glad you had it properly stored. Looks in great shape.

96Cobra1773

Established Member
Quick update. Early November i pulled the motor and shipped it off to MMR. Sent them a nice chunk of change as well. I sent the long-block to them to have the valves done, springs replaced and long block degreed/assembled. Went with the forged 750 kit they offer with a .20 overbore. They quoted 4-5 weeks till i got it back, but this past week was their 4th week with it and they just tore it down....:fm: not cool. I dont mind it taking a little longer as long as i get good work, but no communication or email replies for several weeks was not what i was expecting. Spoke with Greg and he said a couple more weeks, with the holidays here ill give them the benefit of the doubt.

So the parts i have at hand is as follows:

3.40 pulley with new belt
AFM power pipe (going to try custom draw thru set-up)
BBK longtubes and catted x-pipe
spec stage 3 clutch
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
60lb injectors
SCT MAF
SCT x4 programmer
BBK 65mm Throttle body (port matched intake)
new water pump, gaskets and tensioner/idler pullies..

Users who are viewing this thread