FMS Shorty Headers

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
Who has them and anyone who knows anything about them lets hear it. The main attraction is that they're about $300 and JBA wanted about $600 and another $600 to install them. Anyone have any opinions?

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I say go with longtubes. They will improve power across the entire rpm range. I felt a good SOTP difference after installing my BBK's. Some one on here (can't remember who) just bought some BBK's for a little over $300.

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
yea, i wish, but im in cali so no go with the long tubes. i've thought about mid-lengths but i don't know if i could pass visual with those either.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I'm glad I don't live in California. Go with some bassani midlengths. You shouldn't be able to see them and they give good power gains as well.

95kobrah

Established Member
I just bought FMS shorty headers off Ebay for 100 bux. So far I feel a *little* difference acceleration and sotp, but i also just installed my new tranny (i didnt have 2nd gear for half of last summer, so no going fast) so that might also be contribute to it. The best thing however is the sound difference. It just sounds so smooth and strong, and no burble/crackle when you rev and let it drop back down to idle. Hopefully ill have it out on the road in the next few weeks.

budguy1967

Established Member
Black98COBRA said:
I say go with longtubes. They will improve power across the entire rpm range. I felt a good SOTP difference after installing my BBK's. Some one on here (can't remember who) just bought some BBK's for a little over $300.

I think he paid $360 for chrome BBK headers which rust way too easily I hear...Ceramic will last much longer.

duane v

Established Member
Dont even waste your money with shorties for the modulars, you might as well keep the stock logs...BTW $600 for a shorty install :eek: ...What a ripp-off...DA snake boy!!!

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
I have the ceramic coated Shorties. The welds were kinda globby and I had to dremel them out for better airflow. Look at my sig. the headers were my last mod and they made an improvement because they were the last "cork" in my exhaust system. I felt a nice power difference down low once I put them in. The only thing is that they are loud- you can hear the air rushing through them when ur in the car which is a little annoying.

If you ge the headers and plan on doing the install yourself PM me and I'll give you a link on how to do it. The works part of the whole process was getting out the starter bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread