Flywheel help???

NOS347BlkLx

On the button and Waiting
Established Member
I am in the market to buy a flywheel. I am wondering which to go with?Aluminum or billet steel??? Any opnions?? Thanks.

alotahp92gt

Established Member
what kind of clutch are you going with? Give us some more on your combo so we can give you a better answer due to what you are doing with the motor/ car!

Brian

NOS347BlkLx

On the button and Waiting
Established Member
alotahp92gt said:
what kind of clutch are you going with? Give us some more on your combo so we can give you a better answer due to what you are doing with the motor/ car!

Brian

Stock Shortblock, Brodix St 5.0 R's, Anderson N-21 cam, Holly Systemax, Liberty Pro-Shifted TKO, Spec stage 3 clutch. 4.30's. The car should weight around 3000 with me in it. THANKS.

alotahp92gt

Established Member
go the spec billet alum you will be fine
I still run the stock and a spec 3 with no problems, just a little resurfaceing and its all good

bp03svt

Established Member
The biggest advantage is that your motor will rev faster, making it accelerate faster. I have no idea if it will lose torque or not, but I'm guessing no.

alotahp92gt

Established Member
I agree, you dont get the drop in rpm between shifts with the alum fly. If you were road racing where you need to keep the rpms up or you want to spend money... the stocker is good for what you have going

Users who are viewing this thread