Flutter problem

Pat Kelly

Established Member
After my installation of 2.9 whipple and 72 lb injectors now my car has low rpm flutter from about 2-3K rpm. Wot is fine it's just acceleration from low rpm. After numerous datalogs with tuner we are still trying to work it out. Has anyone that has had flutter problem ruled that injectors were the problem? I might just buy another set just to rule it out.
Thanks

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
After my installation of 2.9 whipple and 72 lb injectors now my car has low rpm flutter from about 2-3K rpm. Wot is fine it's just acceleration from low rpm. After numerous datalogs with tuner we are still trying to work it out. Has anyone that has had flutter problem ruled that injectors were the problem? I might just buy another set just to rule it out.
Thanks

My small issues were worked out on the dyno/tune. And after speaking with the tuner, it really wasn't that bad. Had to do with injectorS (72's) specs. Once he got the data he was golden....

G/L;-)

jonesd

Established Member
first thing that came to mind... are you using a whipple monoblade? i had some funky stuff happening with mine and eventually just gave up on it.

Last edited:

tktlwyr

Established Member
Car feels like it's misfiring in low rpm not while under boost just under slow acceleration.

Sounds like a tune problem to me, probably related to the fuel pumps.

Are you running a Boost-a-Pump? I had similar part throttle issues about 2,000 to 3,000 rpms after spending hours upon hours on the dyno with a local tuner. It's sorted out now through the help of a friend that got the tune spot on because he had the "correct" MAF transfer curve. He had the Whipple CAI professionally flowed. A few texts and one tweak to the tune and it was the first time in a year that I had perfect drivability. It was related to tuning for the BaP.

Pat Kelly

Established Member
I have L&M 66 also have php modified pumps. Talked to Paul from php today he was very helpful so hopefully car will be running fine soon, I let my tuner know some of things paul had said. My tuner has been great also most guys would have thrown in the towel by now

bull3441

Established Member
My small issues were worked out on the dyno/tune. And after speaking with the tuner, it really wasn't that bad. Had to do with injectorS (72's) specs. Once he got the data he was golden....

G/L;-)
and i got him that data ;-)

Pat Kelly

Established Member
Flutter problem fixed. After 2 months and 6 attempts with tuner datalogs back and forth trying to get car right, another tuner sent me one tune and it was fixed immediately.I was beginning to think it was my injectors but it was in the tune. A big thanks goes out to new tuner

ad445

Racing Is In My Blood
Established Member
Flutter problem fixed. After 2 months and 6 attempts with tuner datalogs back and forth trying to get car right, another tuner sent me one tune and it was fixed immediately.I was beginning to think it was my injectors but it was in the tune. A big thanks goes out to new tuner

Can you please pm me tuner info?

CPRsm

Glad to hear you guys got it figured out. Stuff like that makes you want to set your car on fire. Or is the just me ?

airmanb2b

Established Member

hit me up as well. Had some issues myself and would like to compare notes.

breoland

Established Member
who is the tuner that all you guys are using that is having his flutter problem?

Users who are viewing this thread