Fluidyne Radiator

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
Is it worth it? My snake runs right in the middle of NORMAL but it seems to run better when cool. I do do some drag racing and plan to do road courses coming up so i think it would be a good thing to do. Anyone have one or know someone who has one? Also, will I run into any problems if the motor runs cooler, as in, was it designed to run where it is and changing it would mess something up? Thanks guys, any opinions would be appreciated!

duane v

Established Member
With all the mods I run, I dont have any heating issues with the stock radiator and thermostat ..I run a 50/50 mix with two bottles of water wetter and my coolant temp never gets over 192 degrees on the hottest of SoCal summer days....Plus with the Fluidyne, if you opt for a centrifical blower youll have a fun time installing inlet pipe that assemble to the blower, because of the Fuidyne thickness...DA snake boy!!

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
well im not saying that im running super hot or anything, but my friends 95GT has a fluidyne and thermostat and rarely gets to the N. I know that im gonna go with a Kenne Bell in a year or sooner so i guess that the fluidyne would help keep the heat down with the roots blower on there. I guess my main question is, is there any harm to running too cool?

duane v

Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeBite98
well im not saying that im running super hot or anything, but my friends 95GT has a fluidyne and thermostat and rarely gets to the N. I know that im gonna go with a Kenne Bell in a year or sooner so i guess that the fluidyne would help keep the heat down with the roots blower on there. I guess my main question is, is there any harm to running too cool?
Im a believer in, if its working dont fix it, and you really cant judge your coolant temp by the stock temp gauge either...But if money is burning a hole in your pocket then go for it....To answer you question about running to cool, yes there is such a condition and can lead to the oil sludging around your valves, which the 96-98 4V's are famous for, even running operating temps at 200 degrees...DA snake boy!!!!

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Well the radiator alone wont make u run any cooler. Thats controlled by ur thermostat. These cars do get ALOT of underhood heat. Im trying to find a solution, I dont know if a radiator is it.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
^^^BS. Stocker (96 and older) was insufficient for an 8 cylinder motor. All you guys with your guage in between the O and R, your engine is between 215 and 220 degrees!

Mine ran over 200 all the time down here in LA with the stocker and 2 quarts of water wetter, and I couln't idle with the A/C on without heating past 220. And that's all with a perfectly fine 180 T-stat, no air in system, new water pump. Now with a fluidyne (very easy install too) no matter how hard I run it, idle it, run the A/C, I can't get the engine over 195 degrees for more than a few seconds. BTW before AND after the fluidyne install I had the fan Hot-wired at the CCRM to run high speed full time...

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Also, there is no harm to running cooler in most cases. Running a 160 t-stat or no t-stat is bad, because the coolant is only cooler because it has no time to exchange heat from the block to the coolant, in the meantime your engine cooks while your guage reads cold.

Ford EFI motors run best at 195 degrees. Carb'ed at 180. Ford runs them over 200 to run cleaner emissions and to keep timing pulled to prevent trans warranty problems..

Users who are viewing this thread