Fluids

tangerine

Established Member
Well, I am about to change all of the fluids in my car except for the brakes.

What is everyone using motor, trans, and rearend wise?

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
pu in the engine and redline in the tranny and diff. do the ghetto turkey baster dot 4 brake fluid swap.

grnenvy

Established Member
Dude don't waste your money on fancy motor oil its all good. I buy what ever synthetic is the cheapest at Walmart. Gear oil I like Fords it's the quietest in the rear. I have an auto and when I change it I'm going to put what ever Ford uses.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
Just ordered AMSOIL fluids for the entire car.
OIL & FILTER
TRANS
CLUTCH/BRAKE
REAR & LIMITED SLIP

jojobee

Established Member
Royal Purple API oil (thinking of switching to their HPS series)

Ford oil everywhere else currently but switching to Motul RBF600 for the brakes and Amsoil MTG for the trans in two weeks.

Chaney5.0

Dude don't waste your money on fancy motor oil its all good. I buy what ever synthetic is the cheapest at Walmart. Gear oil I like Fords it's the quietest in the rear. I have an auto and when I change it I'm going to put what ever Ford uses.

I just spit out my drink all over my nice keyboard.... :burn:

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

If u really think the Big dollar oils are that much better then buy it.
Motor Oil is so much better now then it was even 15 years ago and I never had to rebuild a motor do to worn out bearings or ruined cam unless the person never changed there oil. As long as u change your oil every 5k with a good quality oil filter u will be fine. All this bullshit about how Royal Purple and Amsoil makes more pwr is a lie. The thin oils of today make more pwr because back in the day we all ran 10-40W and now we run 0-20w which is alot easier to spin.
The majority of races blow there shit up way before they need a rebuild due to worn out parts. :beer:

I just spit out my drink all over my nice keyboard.... :burn:

96svtdriver

Established Member
If u really think the Big dollar oils are that much better then buy it.
Motor Oil is so much better now then it was even 15 years ago and I never had to rebuild a motor do to worn out bearings or ruined cam unless the person never changed there oil. As long as u change your oil every 5k with a good quality oil filter u will be fine. All this bullshit about how Royal Purple and Amsoil makes more pwr is a lie. The thin oils of today make more pwr because back in the day we all ran 10-40W and now we run 0-20w which is alot easier to spin.
The majority of races blow there shit up way before they need a rebuild due to worn out parts. :beer:

:lol: Yeah... you go ahead and put in the Conoco-made Motorcraft, or the Kendall, or the Quaker State, or the Penz and you tell me at 100k what your pistons, seals and rings look like. No thanks, I'll stick with my Amsoil, Royal Purple or Mobil 1 at the very least motor oils.

I agree I don't think they make much more power, if any, over a store shelf or generic brand oil, but to say they all protect equally up to 5k miles... plan on getting flamed for that...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread