Fluids?!

killr3v

Extreme Member
Established Member
mobil1 oil.
How many miles on tranny? don't need to change it til 100k I believe so don't waste money.
Same for rear diff. unless you're doing a gear install in which case I'd go with Royal Blurple.
Prestone Coolant.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
Mobil 1 in the motor, RP syncromax + a little RP ATF in the manual tranny. And just a bottle of RP ice in the radiator. And I believe I put RP 75w140 in the rearend with a packet of friction modifier. I only did most of this cause I was bored at work (lube shop) and it is all free to me. I even flushed my power steering and filled it with RP power steering fluid.

The only consistent maintenance these cars need until 60,000+ miles in my opinion is : oil change, tire rotations/ check brakes, Fuel Filter, cabin filter (very optional), and the rest is checking things like rearend,tranny,coolant, etc...

330mach1

Established Member
the 5w20 is a synthetic blend, the shop i help out at did a 5.4 3v vortec and it's running mobil 1 eng oil, rp trans fluid, runs great no issues

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
I would use a synthetic blend or better (meaning full synthetic). Ive actually heard the ford motorcraft synthetic blend is a good oil as far as blends go...I use mobil 1 and have done 3-4 oil analysis from blackstone labs and they always say "engine is breaking in well and showing normal wear...can extend oil changes if wanted" or something to that effect.

any good blend or full synthetic is ideal for our cars...and 5w20 unless FI or road racing or something..

Users who are viewing this thread