Fluid Leak From Storage !!!!!

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member
I pulled the car out of storage today. The battery was dead, but that was my fault, I should have had it on a battery tender.

Anyway, the car stated once I swapped the battery.

Once I pulled the car out, I noticed a light coat (about 6x9 area) of what looked like tranny fluid (it was light red) on the floor. It was not much at all.

The car drove fine. Is this normal?

The car has 13k miles.

Please advise. Thanks !

:??:

Last edited:

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member

It is a 5 speed.

I can not see anything, but the car is lowered, so I need to get it on a lift I guess.

The engine oil level is perfect, so it was not that.

I put a white towel in the garage floor, I will not move it all week and see what happens.

How do you check the fluid in the tranny, could not see a dip stick. It shifted like normal ... felt ok.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
It is a 5 speed.

I can not see anything, but the car is lowered, so I need to get it on a lift I guess.

The engine oil level is perfect, so it was not that.

I put a white towel in the garage floor, I will not move it all week and see what happens.

How do you check the fluid in the tranny, could not see a dip stick. It shifted like normal ... felt ok.

Manuals do not have dipsticks. There is a plug on the side of the transmission body that you remove. Put your finger inside and if the fluid level is at the bottom of the plug hole ...you are good. If I had to guess, I would say the tail shaft seal is leaking. The tail shaft seal on my T56 started leaking after about 20k miles.

cliesch22

Established Member
Maybe it's a rack and pinion leak. The seal may be bad. It could be power steering fluid. Just another dea to look for while under the car.

Users who are viewing this thread