Flowtech x pipe

4vRedone

Banned
So i was wondering if its the same as the dr gas x pipe since the x pattern is the same and they are also in the same place (front part of mid pipe by bell housing) Does anyone have experience with this pipe or know if it sounds the same as the dr gas one?

bornatiger

Established Member
As far as I can tell, Dr. gas is the only x with that design. It comes into the x at an angle that actually makes it look like an "x". The flowtech is more of 2 v's joined together. I just took my Dr. gas x off and put flowtech longtubes and x pipe and the sound is completely different. One of the first things I noticed was the "x" design was totally different. Also the x is alot closer to the engine on the Dr. Gas. Which, I think creates that signature sound.

BTW, the Dr. Gas x pipe is for sale.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I had my BBK/Xpipe custom cut&welded to fit my flowtech long tubes, worked out perfect. Now its just sitting in the garage cuase I cant use it with my new setup fml.

Last edited:

4vRedone

Banned
the flowtech design also carrys the x pipe close to the engine almost right off the manifolds. Im not talking about long tubes here. Longtubes sound different then short tubes anyways

bornatiger

Established Member
the flowtech design also carrys the x pipe close to the engine almost right off the manifolds. Im not talking about long tubes here. Longtubes sound different then short tubes anyways

Yes they are both forward style x pipes. I would think they don't sound the same, given the x design isn't the same.

Users who are viewing this thread