Flowmaster sound advice needed!!!!

SVT Monster

Established Member
Guys Ive deciddd to stick with the Flowmaster mufflers becuase I want to stay close to the classic Flowmater/mustang sound. That being said this is my first Terminator, though Ive owned numerous v8 mustangs in the past. Im also leaning toward the UPR orx. Any advice on if Im headex the right direction to achieve the sound Im looking for is greatly appreciated. Oh yeah what you guys think sound wise:shrug: 2.5" o:shrug:r 3"?

RS22

Established Member
Guys Ive deciddd to stick with the Flowmaster mufflers becuase I want to stay close to the classic Flowmater/mustang sound. That being said this is my first Terminator, though Ive owned numerous v8 mustangs in the past. Im also leaning toward the UPR orx. Any advice on if Im headex the right direction to achieve the sound Im looking for is greatly appreciated. Oh yeah what you guys think sound wise:shrug: 2.5" o:shrug:r 3"?

I loved the UPR ORX on my Cobra but I ended up opting for the MAC ORH because it had a meatier growl to me. I'm looking to buy another terminator in a few months and will be going back to this setup (2chamber 40s + Mac ORH)

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
If you like that classic rumble then stay with an OR-H. Mine sounds nasty but I have longtubes too. Sorry no sound clips yet.

Satin03

Established Member
Check out the MRT h-pipe! Sounded great with my Flowmaster setup! Much better than the UPR X and Flowmaster setup I had.

bbk03gt24

Established Member
my cobra had flowmaster catback and Pypes 2.5 offroad x pipe when I bought it. I actually dont think it sounds too bad at all.

go to 6:50 and you'll see/hear my car.
CMC cruise to Peoria 04-22-2012 - YouTube

I am thinking about throwing on MAC or Stingers though.

dam there were a ton of badass mustangs in that video.

to reply to the OP, i would say that i agree that MAC would give you what you were looking for. i was under the impression that they were all on backorder tho, but who knows...

SVT Monster

Established Member
Thanks for all of the replies guys. I guess I should have mentioned before but I had a prochamber and flowmaster catback on my lil mystic '96. I absolutly loved the sound and actually had people to stop me to ask what the exhaust setup was on the car. will the Terminator sound as good or better with that setup as well? I'm hearing alot of people say offroad H.:shrug:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Thanks for all of the replies guys. I guess I should have mentioned before but I had a prochamber and flowmaster catback on my lil mystic '96. I absolutly loved the sound and actually had people to stop me to ask what the exhaust setup was on the car. will the Terminator sound as good or better with that setup as well? I'm hearing alot of people say offroad H.:shrug:

Prochamber should give you a sound almost like a H pipe with a hint of that X pipe rasp. Just a hint from what I have been told. If I ever went to a different mid pipe it would be the Prochamber.

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Im my opinion the JBA exhaust sounds the best. If you want the great mustang sound the ORH is the way to go. After listening to a ton a clips i wanted to go with JBA but bought my car with Flowmasters and really dont see any reason to spend the extra cash to have a little better sound

Ninjaeric

Established Member
I'd go with x-pipe, catted or offroad, and super 44's. That's what I have...it sounds great and I get compliments all the time!

SVT Monster

Established Member
Well hell, mind change "AGAIN", Mac ORH and Flowmaster 2.5" the rest of the way!!!!:beer::rockon:

Last edited:

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I've got the O/R ProChamber with super 40s now and it sounds really good. I bought Super 44s to swap for the 40s for ground clearance reasons. I love the FM sound and will probably never go with another muffler again (had Magnaflow Muffs for 1st 3 yrs I had the Cobra).

SVT Monster

Established Member
Got my Mac ORH ordered.:dancenana: New dilemma:Talking with some of the local yocals round here and they are telling me to go with the 3" Flowmaster 40 cat back to get the sound of big cubic inches. I've read on here somewhere that this car doesn't need the 3" and it actually hurts performance, the 2.5" will outperform. My question here how much does performance suffer I guess? Keep in mind 500whp is my current goal for this lil DSG. Looking at Lethal's Flomaster kits which part# would be best?:D

Anabolic

Banned
now get JBA 3" catback!

the 2.5" will outperform 3" until you make major power then the 2.5" will bottleneck...

3: JBA BROTHER!

RS22

Established Member
Well hell, mind change "AGAIN", Mac ORH and Flowmaster 2.5" the rest of the way!!!!:beer::rockon:

This is what I ran and it was pure sex to me. That rumble when you let off the gas and it back fires a bit is as you slow down is monstrous.

anthonyg

Established Member
For the longest time I ran pypes off road x and flowmasters. Sounded sick but I got tired of it. Bought a set of hi flo cats ran those for a bit, swaped out the x pipe for mac off road h sounded good but wanted something deeper so installed the hi flo cats. And now I'm missing the x pipe. I'll be swapping the x pipe back in in the near future. Oh yea when I bought my cobra it had 1 original flowmaster 40 and 1 supper 44 flowmaster. Sounds sick if ya ask me. Sorry no sound clip.

Users who are viewing this thread