Flowed out

JAVZCOBRA

Established Member
Need you alls expert advice on my mufflers. This morning I installed 2 chamber Flows on my 98 Cobra. I did not replace or cut out anything else, just replaced the mufflers w/ Flows. Now all of sudden my CHK Engine light comes on. I have heard of this when u cut out the CATS, etc....but not when you simply replace the mufflers. Now what?? Please help?

Javzcobra:(

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Check your O2 sensors maybe. My car said "Check Engine" for a while after the cats "got stolen" but now it doesn't say anything :thumbsup:

My car is a 1990 Mustang, so it may not be the same for me. I guess it would be about the same though, 'cause it's only the exhuast. I hope this helps at least a little :)

Did you nudge or bump the O2 sensors by the way while you were under there?

White98SVT

Established Member
That is really odd........I can't think of what code would be thrown by just replacing the mufflers. I had Flows welded into my catback without a problem.

I would disconnect the negative battery cable for like 15-20 minutes to reset the computer and then see if it comes back on. If it does, go to Auto Zone or something and have them pull the code for free and tell you what it is.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Disconnect your neg. battery terminal for 15 minutes. That will clear the code. See if it comes back. Might have just been from welding on the pipes.

JAVZCOBRA

Established Member
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. Since I posted last, the "chk engine" light hasn't come back on. Lightning Larry was probably right about the welding thing.... Btw, just w/ the FLOWS it sounds awesome!! I was real surprised that it sounded that good w/ only mufflers.

Users who are viewing this thread