Florida Toll Roads?

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
I just moved from Jacksonville to Orlando, and I've never had to deal with tolls on a regular basis. How do they handle the tolls for motorcyclists? I wear gloves, and its gonna be a pain in the ass to have to stop, take them off to reach into my pocket for change, then put them back on to drive. I'm going to get a sunpass for my truck, but it won't work for the bike.

CCT

Established Member
If you're in Orlando get the E-pass, its what they call the SunPass there. if you haven't heard of that I would highly recommend you look into it. It's a small box that you put money into online and you drive right through tolls with no wait and no scrounging for change.

MattSVTCobra

Established Member
i love having an e-pass.. and my friend put's it in his pocket when he's on the bike and it goes off everytime!

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
I thought it was only for cars or trucks. I know he can put the one for his car in his pocket but it would charge the rate for a car going through that toll. If you don't care about the extra cost.... I guess it works.

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
Socom688 said:
Which toll roads you driving on? 417, 408?

Yup. I live right by the end of 408 off Alafaya, and work over on Orange Blossum right by 417...so I'll be on both every day. I guess I could do the epass and put it in my pocket, but I don't want to pay the full rate if bikes get a discounted rate.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
PSI87 said:
I don't know if it's true or not, but I've been told you can be cited for speeding based on the time interval between tolls if you get a pass.

Not in Houston. I can vouch for that.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
PSI87 said:
I don't know if it's true or not, but I've been told you can be cited for speeding based on the time interval between tolls if you get a pass.

Yeah, I discovered that driving the New Jersey turnpike. Now, I just stop for gas and coffee between toll booths, and they never realize I'm cruisin' at 80+

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
CentennialVert said:
Yup. I live right by the end of 408 off Alafaya, and work over on Orange Blossum right by 417...so I'll be on both every day. I guess I could do the epass and put it in my pocket, but I don't want to pay the full rate if bikes get a discounted rate.

See if there is an epass for bikes?:shrug: I personally dont know but the other day I was wondering the same thing. I see bikes on it all the time going through the Epass lane, so they have something to avoid tolls.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Like said before just put it in your pocket when your on a bike. The sunpass is very sensative, ive had it go off in my glove box so it should work fine in your pocket.

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
I used the epass when I had my Suzuki and never had a problem. I think they cost around $40-$50 for the unit, so its not too bad.
I have never heard of them using the tolls to time anyone. I dont think that would work here in Florida. They arent even letting the intersection cameras that watch for redlight runners give out tickets. State legislatures. :shrug:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
PSI87 said:
Here in Florida I know friends who have received tickets in the mail. They take it to court and it gets thrown out. I speed all the time on the Suncoast Parkway and have never been mailed a ticket nor have most of my other friends.
Socom688 said:
See if there is an epass for bikes?:shrug: I personally dont know but the other day I was wondering the same thing. I see bikes on it all the time going through the Epass lane, so they have something to avoid tolls.
yeah, it's called bending the plate and twisting the "go handle"

Users who are viewing this thread