Florida HP to start using unmarked Mercury Marauders for speed enforcment

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
Florida Highway Patrol Unveils New Stealth Crusiers

POSTED: 6:48 a.m. EST December 6, 2004
UPDATED: 7:08 a.m. EST December 6, 2004

Story by local6.com

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Florida Highway Patrol is unveiling a new weapon in the fight against aggressive drivers Monday, Local 6 News has learned.

The vehicle, called the Mercury Marauder, is reportedly a stealth new cruiser for use in detecting and apprehending aggressive drivers.

Police said the cars are unmarked and equipped with covert lighting packages, emergency sirens, and the latest speed-measuring devices.

The Marauders also have state of the art recording systems.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
It's bad enough now with people confusing me with a cop car. This will just make it worse. But, it may get me a "free pass" one day... :burnout:

Purerock105

Established Member
Some pics... :uh oh: :eek:

fhp1.jpg

fhp2.jpg

fhp3.jpg

fhp4.jpg

owneda1LE

Banned
EvergreenSVT said:
Florida Highway Patrol Unveils New Stealth Crusiers

POSTED: 6:48 a.m. EST December 6, 2004
UPDATED: 7:08 a.m. EST December 6, 2004

Story by local6.com

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Florida Highway Patrol is unveiling a new weapon in the fight against aggressive drivers Monday, Local 6 News has learned.

The vehicle, called the Mercury Marauder, is reportedly a stealth new cruiser for use in detecting and apprehending aggressive drivers.

Police said the cars are unmarked and equipped with covert lighting packages, emergency sirens, and the latest speed-measuring devices.

The Marauders also have state of the art recording systems.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

I hope they don't run up against criminals driving V6 Accord, Maximas, Altimas, etc...The cops won't be able to keep up. :read:

davidmarquis

Established Member
They've been using them around Gainesville for the last few months..... I found out the hard way, the next day I saw a Mach 1 with a Trooper stopping guys. Glad to know that some of them are still cool. It could have been one hell of a ticket for playing with him at the light. We shot the shit for a few minutes, then he told me to get back on the road and quit playing.

Purerock105

Established Member
A few things I've found out since the original post.

The cars were donated by an 'anonymous' benefactor.

They are ALL Supercharged... No cage/lightbar, not as
heavy as the fully prepped Crown Victoria-Interceptor.

The region list...

1 in Gainesville
2 in Jacksonville
3 in Orlando
1 in Brevard
1 in Pinellas
1 in Tampa
1 in Venice
1 in Ft. Myers
3 in Miami
3 in Davie
1 in Lantana

XxColdAzFireXx

Boosted SVT Poster
Established Member
Purerock105 said:
A few things I've found out since the original post.

The cars were donated by an 'anonymous' benefactor.

They are ALL Supercharged... No cage/lightbar, not as
heavy as the fully prepped Crown Victoria-Interceptor.

Where did u get the information about them all being supercharged? That's an expensive modification, which if the tax payers found out about, would have the states head on a silver platter. Pretty freaking awesome if they really are, i wonder whose set up they're using? Trilogy? Vortech? Kenne Bell? Ford Racing?

Robert

Purerock105

Established Member
XxColdAzFireXx said:
Where did u get the information about them all being supercharged? That's an expensive modification, which if the tax payers found out about, would have the states head on a silver platter. Pretty freaking awesome if they really are, i wonder whose set up they're using? Trilogy? Vortech? Kenne Bell? Ford Racing?

Robert

I "hear" ;-) ;-) it's Dennis Reinhart in Orange Park, Florida...but remember
the cars were donated, and the complete and final price may have been
picked up by the mysterious....benefactor/donator... :)

http://www.marauder57.com/rp.html

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
owneda1LE said:
I hope they don't run up against criminals driving V6 Accord, Maximas, Altimas, etc...The cops won't be able to keep up. :read:

:bs: :bash: :burn:

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
from what I have read on mercurymarauder.net none of the cars have been supercharged they just have a few or reinharts bolt ons. But I may be wrong

Purerock105

Established Member
joegsvt said:
from what I have read on mercurymarauder.net none of the cars have been supercharged they just have a few or reinharts bolt ons. But I may be wrong

...or you may be right..."they' don't seem to be outright advertising the
exact nature of any mods...keeps people guessing I suppose... :eek:

:beer:

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I dont think they are supercharged due to the cost of the lit installed by reinhart and the maintanance that would come along with a suoercharged car i do know that they have the upgraded drivshaft gears i beleive, either a chip or he reflashed the pcm. there are a few other things but i cant remeber

Tucker

I'd like to spend a week down there installing my JLT intake on them :rockon:
But I'm sure Dennis did something on them for a intake.

Thanks for the info
Jay

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
I saw one of these cars yesterday on I-75 south in Sarasota county. The car was silver but had a "FHP Trooper" tag which is a dead giveaway from the rear. He was behind me in the center lane, when a chick in a gold Hyundai Elantra cruised by both of us doing about 10 MPH over the limit. That freakin' Marauder lit up like a Christmas tree... ;-)

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Keep in mind that being issued one of these MMs is a perk to those officers who produce. If your an officer who just drives around, reacting to crime, you dont get a high performance vehicle. Get stopped by one of these, and your probably getting a ticket.

carfixer

Established Member
Since I will be servicing the local FHP Marauder, I spoke to DR about the mods. Basically they got a tuning package with a sway bar upgrade, better brake pads, and a Metal Matrix driveshaft. No superchargers.

The Wraith

Established Member
Defyant said:
Keep in mind that being issued one of these MMs is a perk to those officers who produce. If your an officer who just drives around, reacting to crime, you dont get a high performance vehicle. Get stopped by one of these, and your probably getting a ticket.

I heard if your being stopped by one of these your more than likely going to lose your car...

Users who are viewing this thread