Florida Gun Law?

TommyPizza

Established Member
The other day, I took a concealed weapons course so i could be eligible to get my concealed weapons permit. During the class, we talked about all the places you can and can not carry your gun. Also, it is legal to have a gun in your car without a permit. Now my question is, what is the law about a gun in a commercial vehicle? When i asked the question, The instructor said it was a gray area and really could not give me a definite yes or no answer. It did not say anything in the hand book about it being legal or illegal.

TommyPizza

Established Member
The employer, which is my brother, does not have a policy about this. He owns a tow truck company and we sometimes do go into the bad side of town. He also asked the instructor the question Does it change if you own the commercial vehicle and the instructor stated it was a "gray area"

dgood86

Established Member
Its probably legal to carry if it not stated by the business that they forbid it. Im pretty sure in VA, its legal to conceal carry anywhere except govt buildings (post office, court house), public schools, and businesses that visibly display signs forbidding weapons or firearms on the grounds.

Id say that its up to your brother since it is his personal business, and if he does not forbid firearms on the property, than that would open it up to anyone with a permit to carry one.

Users who are viewing this thread