Floor Jack

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Used search and posted in an old thread about floor jacks, now it’s gone.

In that thread several people had posted they had a Daytona 3 ton rapid pump/low profile/long reach floor jack from Harbor Freight.

I can get one for 180 if it is before New Years.

Looking for those who have used/have one. Do you have any issues with it?

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I love my Daytona 3 ton low profile from HF. Granted, I don’t use it much but I would buy another one. I have the green one…it was the only one they had ha

96dreamer

Established Member
I've had a daytona low pro long reach for a while. No issues here. Made a mount to hang out from the wall cause it does take up a bunch of floor space. It is able to reach the sub frame connectors on my lowered 96 without driving up onto boards which is the main reason I got it.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
I've had a daytona low pro long reach for a while. No issues here. Made a mount to hang out from the wall cause it does take up a bunch of floor space. It is able to reach the sub frame connectors on my lowered 96 without driving up onto boards which is the main reason I got it.
I need to hang mine on the wall too. Post
some pics if you have them.

96dreamer

Established Member
I need to hang mine on the wall too. Post
some pics if you have them.
Nothing fancy. Just made it from some scrap flat stock and angle I had laying around. The axle for the front wheels just sits in the angle and hangs from there. The bracket ties into two studs with two 3/8 lags in each stud. The jack is currently holding up a winch tray I'm building for my jeep so no pictures of it hanging

Attachments

• 20240101_095444.jpg
    20240101_095444.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240101_095430.jpg
    20240101_095430.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 35

Morgan

Established Member
Nothing fancy. Just made it from some scrap flat stock and angle I had laying around. The axle for the front wheels just sits in the angle and hangs from there. The bracket ties into two studs with two 3/8 lags in each stud. The jack is currently holding up a winch tray I'm building for my jeep so no pictures of it hanging

Is the bracket easy to get the jack off?

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
Thanks. Just needed some inspiration. I don’t weld I could make something work.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Is the bracket easy to get the jack off?

Ha!

I imagine a little grunt gets the job done. I brought mine into the garage from the truck while still in the box (wife bought it) and it’s a little heavier than I expected.

I’ll have to get something similar as space is at a premium in my garage thanks to all my wifes shit that has been waiting on a garage sale since 2017.

96dreamer

Established Member
It is a heavy mofo but aside from that it's pretty easy. Can't lift it straight up. Have to pull the bottom out about 45 degrees from the wall before pulling it off the mount. It's definitely worth it to save the floor space though when it's not being used a bunch

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Will a Daytona get under the side of a S197 GT500 that's lowered about 1" from stock?

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I have a 3T from Napa, not sure who makes it but had it 6 or 7 years now with no issues, would buy another one if this one craps out

Users who are viewing this thread