Flood pics from my town

nate

Established Member
I don't know if you guys have heard about the big floods in MO, but it's been on the national news. The town I live in (Pacific, about 20 min w. of St. Louis) is getting hit kinda hard. Luckily we are on the new side of town away from the flood. The river isn't even supposed to crest until sometime tomorrow afternoon. The pics aren't the best, I only had my phone with me.

drptitan

Established Member
Wow that reminds me of the one we had here a few years back. Water in mass amounts=ownage!!

IMG_6108.jpg

IMG_6107.jpg

IMG_6093.jpg

IMG_6091.jpg

So much water!!! Not gonna make it to the party. Hahaha

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
:shrug: Sorry, I thought the post would fit better in Road Side vs. Pics and videos since it was more related to a news story, not pictures of a car.

We have a pics and vids section for a reason. You posted 6 pics and another member posted pics.

Guess where it belongs?

nate

Established Member
We have a pics and vids section for a reason. You posted 6 pics and another member posted pics.

Guess where it belongs?

And I apologized. You don't have to be condescending about it. I wasn't trying to be an ass about it, just explain why I posted it where I did. But I have seen pics in numerous posts that weren't in the "Pics section", so I didn't see the big deal. Next time I'll know.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
And I apologized. You don't have to be condescending about it. I wasn't trying to be an ass about it, just explain why I posted it where I did. But I have seen pics in numerous posts that weren't in the "Pics section", so I didn't see the big deal. Next time I'll know.

Nick I didn't mean for it to sound condesending.
It sounded like you were making an excuse and i replied.

We're cool.:beer:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
That sucks

I've only been in one flood and that was the one that hit VA in 96.

On a 2nd note, why does it look like your pictures were taking in the early 70's, with all the sepia tone. :p

nate

Established Member
That sucks

I've only been in one flood and that was the one that hit VA in 96.

On a 2nd note, why does it look like your pictures were taking in the early 70's, with all the sepia tone. :p

camera phone, plus it was kinda overcast. Yeah, the water is dropping now. Here is a pic from yesterday evening when the water had pretty much crested.

These last 3 pics are of the same place, just different angles.

Here is a link to the local news station pics.
http://www.ksdk.com/news/gallery/photogallery.aspx?gid=142698

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I hope it goes down soon. It is killing my paycheck because I run trains that go up to your area and they are routing them around because of the flooding. No trains for me equals tight budget until the traffic comes back.

I hope you and yours are all safe and your life returns to normal soon.

Users who are viewing this thread