Floating after TVS install.

Flcracker

Established Member
Just wondering how many of you all out there experienced your front end floating after your TVS went on? I don't see why the heavy TVS would cause the front end to float around in high speeds , though. I added an aftermarket swaybar which corrected the problem. I wonder if the floating was A result of the bad control arms which I recently changed and had nothing to do with the blower? I'm curious about this because I would like to ditch the heavy aftermarket swayer and go with a delete kit. I guess the only way to know is to pull out the heavy swaybar and see if the car still floats.

Last edited:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Mine is a little floaty at times. I may be interested in trying an aftermarket sway bar after hearing this cured your issues.

burke985

Established Member
Mine feels glued to the ground and i didnt change anything out but struts/mounts and springs thats weird that it feels floaty.

CPRsm

Guessing stock suspension? You added a bunch of power and that wants to bring the nose up on acceleration. Stock suspension has a taller weaker spring and stores a lot of energy. Up comes the nose, is the usual result w power. W 750rwhp it becomes a bit scary

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
yeah, lots of guys then put a sticky tire on the back and fail to try and get tires on the front that match. Many have all seasons on front and summers on the rear, which will make a floating and drifting feeling. The front tires need to be similar in speed rating and rubber compound. Same brand and model is preferred, but at least same speed rating and temp range is the bare minimum. The exception of course is drag radials, they are just going to feel more "loose" at high speeds because they are very flexible, no fixing that in some cases.

Last edited:

Flcracker

Established Member
The car has Eibach Pro springs, Strange shocks and struts, Steeda upper and lowers Control arms, pan hard bar, plus Eibach sway bars.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
my car felt like it was floating too and I had all the suspension parts u cud get other then sub frame connectors. I wud give that a shot the sway bar won't do anything I have one and it still floated. terribly annoying to be honest

Users who are viewing this thread