Flexplate Issue

Big Q

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I have the worst luck when it comes to buying new parts. I went to install my JW flexplate yesterday and after rotating it about 20 times trying to get all the holes lined up so we could loosely start all the bolts we had two that just wouldn't start threading, with the flexplate off they threaded in just fine. Finally we pulled the flexplate out about a 1/2 inch off of the crank and got them all started, drew them down in a criss cross pattern. I wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this before, I setup my dial indcator and did a rim and face reading to see if the center hole was bored perhaps off center, going off the outside teeth probably isn't the most accurate but I was trying to get a rough idea. Either way I plan on calling JW tomorrow but was curious if anyone else had ran into this problem? Thanks

Disregard the .005 that's marked between zero's I must have bumped the fixture.

Flexplate.JPG

Flexplate1.JPG

Last edited:

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
I've seen this in the past. Alot of times they have a very tight fit and only go on one way.

The JW and PA flexplates are exactly the same, if you set them side by side they're literally made by the same people.

Big Q

Established Member
Can't say that I noticed a ford oval stamp on it. Called JW and they said anything under .020 is in spec and didn't seem concerned that it was snug fitting over the crank.

Users who are viewing this thread