Flat Rock Insider Information

DougM

Established Member
I'm from the Chicago area and currently in Toledo, OH visiting my in-laws...which happens to be just over the line from Michigan and a hop/skip/jump from Flat Rock.

Any insiders on the list have any tips where to go to see GT500s through the fence? Mine is being built next week so I doubt I'll see mine, but need to know about where the fence I'll be looking through is.

Better yet...if there are any insiders.....I'd be happy to let you take me on a tour as my inquiries/requests through SVT and my dealer haven't gone anywhere. :)

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I live outside of Toledo in Sylvania and had my race car built at a shop next to Flat Rock and remember the area. Drive up 75 to the Flat Rock exit, go left and the plant is immediately on the right. You can drive around and probably find Area 51 easily I'm told.
Good luck.
If you need a ride in a '14 while your here to make your wait even worse, PM me.
I'm always looking for an excuse to take it out if the weather cooperates.
-J

DougM

Established Member
Bimini - "going for a ride" (actually driving my buddy's '14) is what got me into this mess in the first place! :)

Thanks for the info and I may take you up on that offer and I'm here pretty often as it's a short drive from where we live in Chicago - we're about as far from I-80 over there as my in-laws are over here in Maumee.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Def. worth the ride to Flat Rock for some pics.
How long are you in town?
There was a good show last night and there is a few Fri. night. I will probably have the car out Fri if weather good.
Also, where in Chicago, I did my internship downtown at Rush (and even time at crazy Cook County).
-J

DougM

Established Member
I think we're going to head up tonight. We're planning on leaving on Thursday....I wish I would have reached out earlier as I was just hanging out while everyone was at Cedar Point (I work from home and couldn't take the day off).

In Chicago I'm S/W of the city in the burbs very close to 80 and 355 (Lockport).

Snoopy49

Established Member
Ramp 51 location.

22400 Vreeland Rd
Woodhaven, MI

MustangVPC.gif

Users who are viewing this thread