Fixed back seats

Teksid281

Banned
I know a few guys on here have these seats, I did a search without much luck though. I'm looking at purchasing some corbeau forzas or maybe some fx1s. I'm tired of the lack of lateral support and also want to drop some weight from the car. My questions for those that have or have had fixed back seats before are:

A. How comfortable are they?
B. How useless did they make the back seat?
C. Where did you purchase yours? (Corbeau or otherwise)

I'm not too worried about not being able to recline, as I rarely move my seats. Also, as a somewhat related question, do you think blue seats would be too much? Not dollar wise, just in the looks department. I like the simple and clean look, and I'm not sure how blue seats would compliment that? I've seen a red mach with red sparcos and it looked sexy as hell. Any help would be appreciated :beer:

RubberDown

the MAD hatter
Established Member
ive had them in a m3... it had a cage so the back was useless anyways. As far as comfort goes... I mean a fixed seat is race oriented... I thought they were decently comfy and the side bolstering kicked butt. They were VERY upright, which doesnt bother me but did all my girlfriends that ever road in the car. However for a car people got in the back of, not really feeling it. Also the seat colors matching the car is pretty ricey lookin in my opinion.

cobranotch

Established Member
Being a taller person, about 6'3, I have found the Forzas to be more comfortable than stock "stang" seats. First and foremost, the Corbeau brackets allow you to slide the seat much further back than stock. I enjoy the side support and particularly, the upright seat position that the fixed back provides. My back hurts far less after a long drive with the Forzas than with the stock seats; however, being a "race" seat, less padding is used making the seats uncomfortable for some. If possible, I would recommend you at least find a comparable seat to ride in before your purchase. As far as back seat use goes, a fixed back seat definitely subtracts from the rear seats usefulness. Smaller friends, or kids, can still slide in but larger people or "cargo" is hard to get back there. As far as completely color keyed seats or interior goes, have you ever seen the horrible blue interior they used to put in fox bodies back in the day. Someone thought they looked great at the dealership. Years later, not so much. It is up to you as far as preference, but all blue is too much. Corbeau FX1s look a lot better than Forzas concerning color. They are more tasteful in my humble opinion.

Teksid281

Banned
Being a taller person, about 6'3, I have found the Forzas to be more comfortable than stock "stang" seats. First and foremost, the Corbeau brackets allow you to slide the seat much further back than stock. I enjoy the side support and particularly, the upright seat position that the fixed back provides. My back hurts far less after a long drive with the Forzas than with the stock seats; however, being a "race" seat, less padding is used making the seats uncomfortable for some. If possible, I would recommend you at least find a comparable seat to ride in before your purchase. As far as back seat use goes, a fixed back seat definitely subtracts from the rear seats usefulness. Smaller friends, or kids, can still slide in but larger people or "cargo" is hard to get back there. As far as completely color keyed seats or interior goes, have you ever seen the horrible blue interior they used to put in fox bodies back in the day. Someone thought they looked great at the dealership. Years later, not so much. It is up to you as far as preference, but all blue is too much. Corbeau FX1s look a lot better than Forzas concerning color. They are more tasteful in my humble opinion.

Awesome man thank you for this post. I am 6'2 and cannot stand not being able to slide back farther than the factory sliders allow, plus i hate power seats anyway (mine at least.) Do you have any pictures of your seats? I would love to see some in an sn95, especially the Forzas. I'm still torn here, both on fixed seats and the color. My interior is all black and leather seats so it gets stupid hot in there in the summer.

I see you are from VA, I actually got pulled over in front royal about 2 years ago lol.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
i'm pretty sure fixed back seats aren't street legal. and i think a blue seat would be a little too much and would stick out very badly in a black interior..

Teksid281

Banned
i'm pretty sure fixed back seats aren't street legal. and i think a blue seat would be a little too much and would stick out very badly in a black interior..

They are street legal. The FX1s have the same color scheme as 10th anniversary seats, I may look into those as well.

Thanks for the link FI, his car is actually one of a few on here that got me wanting to upgrade my seats. A good friend of mine had CR1s in his fox, they were sick as hell but also expensive.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Thanks for the link FI, his car is actually one of a few on here that got me wanting to upgrade my seats. A good friend of mine had CR1s in his fox, they were sick as hell but also expensive.

He's got one of my favorite New Edges on the site:rockon:

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
I've had Corbeaus, and they are just cheap, poorly made seats. The TRS and the CR1 share the same bottom portion and the leg bolsters aren't reinforced, its just foam. My suggestion, stay away from Corbeau. Try to get you hands on some Recaros or Sparcos. I recently picked up some new Sparco Monzas and they are may better than the Corbeaus could ever dream to be. Very well made.

Users who are viewing this thread