fitting into a cobra...

STN01

Established Member
Hey fellas, i was thinkin of checkin out some cobras, my buddy has a 03 coupe, so id like to get a vert. Only problem...im 6'7 and driving my buddies car, is almost uncomfortable, is there a way to get the seat to hit lower to the floor....a kit of some sort, any ideas? there is enough leg room, just need to sit lower, so my leg isnt resting on the stearing wheel. Let me know. Thanks.

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
You can get rail extensions for the seats . . . that has helped many.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by STN01
Hey fellas, i was thinkin of checkin out some cobras, my buddy has a 03 coupe, so id like to get a vert. Only problem...im 6'7 and driving my buddies car, is almost uncomfortable, is there a way to get the seat to hit lower to the floor....a kit of some sort, any ideas? there is enough leg room, just need to sit lower, so my leg isnt resting on the stearing wheel. Let me know. Thanks.
You can get seat rail extenders. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38969&highlight=seat+rail

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by STN01

Rick at Amazon racing is about that tall - I think he fits - ask him.

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
AH HA! I was FIRST!!!!! You had more complete info though . . . I submit my post and bow out.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: fitting into a cobra...

Originally posted by Got Incon?
Did you people not read this post and the link to the one 03DOHC posted? He wants to go lower, and says there is enough legroom.

We gave the only option at hand . . . thanks for the :burn:

03DOHC

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: fitting into a cobra...

Originally posted by Got Incon?
Did you people not read this post and the link to the one 03DOHC posted? He wants to go lower, and says there is enough legroom.

Seat extenders are not what you need. Check out the aftermarket seat threads, it is the only way I know of to get you lower.
If I remember right Annihil8or said it did lower the seat some by doing this, but not much. I sent him a PM because I wanted to lower my seat some too and he said for primarily lowering the seat this is not the best choice. But if it lowers it some, I guess that's better than none.:shrug:

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
Wasn't meant to be a flame, and I offered a second option for him. Sorry to have sounded so harsh, but you can always whip out your marshmellows and roll with it ;)

eaglesnick

Established Member
Don't know if this is true, but I've heard that verts give you a bit more head room do to the design. If not you can always drive with the top down.:beer: :thumbsup: :shrug:

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by 03NYTMRE
Wonder how Yao would fit????

Wouldn't unless he reclined the seat all the way or got a vert and always had the top down collecting bugs in his teeth.:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread