Fitting a GT500 Radiator into a GT?

migg400

Established Member
Has anyone plumbed a stock GT500 Radiator into a GT? I purchased a GT500 radiator (thinking of more coolant capacity) for my project build and discovered that they are plumbed differently (hoses, etc.) and also use a different coolant tank. The coolant tanks (expansion tank) look the same but the GT500 has one inlet and one outlet vs two inlets and one outlet on the GT. The GT500 radiator does not have the provision for the overflow/reservoir hose to connect to at the top of it like the GT radiator does. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated!!

Last edited:

stangn

Established Member
Anything is possible of coarse, but. I looked into the same thing and hoses are larger and configured differently including Tstat. Didn't look worth it when you can get ford racing aluminum radiator that bolts in.

DTL

Established Member
For well under $300, you can get a Mishimoto Aluminum radiator that drops in to the GT. It's way cheaper and has been tested in open track settings with great success. I replaced my Track Package / Boss radiator with one. I wanted the FRPP piece, but I couldn't justify the additional $400 cost.

migg400

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback guys! I forgot to mention that this setup is going into my 67 Fastback with a Whipple and since I already had the radiator I was thinking that I just needed to figure out hose sizes, and routing. Thanks for the recommendations. Guess I'll play with it a bit more and see what happens?

Users who are viewing this thread