Fitted the first of my mods (PICS)

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Hello Mates
I fitted the first of my LFP mods last week ,so I thought I'd post up a few pics and let you know how I got on

my Mate who has an agricultural workshop let me use his four pillar lift for the afternoon

first job was to get her up in the air

then drop the engine oil ,trans pan and drain the torque converter

then fit the stage 1 LFP valve body and Moroso trans pan

and Bassani cat-backs

then fit new oil and fuel filters ( Big thanks to Chris Nelson for shipping the filters to me Cheers Mate :beer: ) top up with engine and trans oil and go for a burn :burnout:

The Bassani Cat-backs sound great not loud enough to draw the attention of the our fine Bobbys but it has a cool rumble to it now ,just what I was looking for
The stage 1 LFP valve body was the real revalation though!!
I've read a lot of posts where people have asked what mod to fit first and mostly the reply is fit a valve body ,well I can see why now ,what a differance,
the only way that I can describe it is before when I drove my L the gearbox seemed to do its own thing ,whereas now its shifting like I would shift if I was driving with a manual box ,its not harsh in any way the shifts are smooth but firm and when I get on it a big grin appears on my mug and just won't go away :D :D

Thanks Mark and all the Blokes at LFP thats one great product :thumbsup:

Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

Last edited:

Mark@LFP

Banned
Steve,

Glad all your mods. arrived in good order. As for the LFP performance valve body, I told you wouldn't be disapointed!
As for the Bassani, nothing beats it in sound, fit, finish, quality. Glad all went well. Only thing left is your LFP upper idler kit. That will ship this week with no extra charge in shipping to the U.K.
This should help with Mike's fat pencil :)
Hope all is well and I look forward to meeting up with you over in the U.K.
Got any good eats?

Last edited:

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
nates03L said:
bri lightning- can i just ask how much it roughly costs you a month in gas?

I dont really keep count as it would scare me too much Mate :lol1:
My L gets used mostly at evenings and weekends only ,for the commute to work each day I use a motorcycle supplied by my employer as the traffic round here during the summer months is pretty heavy and parking can be a real hassle ,but even with only evening and weekend use I tend to use at least £160-£200 of fuel a month thats about $280-$350 :cryying:
but its a small price to pay for the pleasure driving my L gives me :beer:

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
1BAD93SVT said:
you should have pulled the motor and swapped in a built one. :beer:

I'd liked to have done that Mate but just the thought of the shipping cost of a built motor makes me go all light headed and need to sit down with a damp cloth on my forehead :lol1: :lol1: :beer:

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Mark@LFP said:
Steve,

Glad all your mods. arrived in good order. As for the LFP performance valve body, I told you wouldn't be disapointed!
As for the Bassani, nothing beats it in sound, fit, finish, quality. Glad all went well. Only thing left is your LFP upper idler kit. That will ship this week with no extra charge in shipping to the U.K.
This should help with Mike's fat pencil :)
Hope all is well and I look forward to meeting up with you over in the U.K.
Got any good eats?

You were right Mark ,definitely the best "bang for the buck"
Thanks very much for the kind offer on the shipping on the idler kit
Mikes "fat pencil incident " :lol1: tell him no hard feelings :beer:
your'e more than welcome when you get over here ,
when you do we'll have to get some cornish pastie's down your neck for starters
All the Best
Steve.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Wow, you got a lot done!! I guess having the right tools & equipment really helps. :beer:

Cheers Chris
your'e right it makes all the differance in the world to how much that you can get done, I'm really lucky that I've got some good Mates that let me use thier workshop facilitys for just a couple of pints in return,
and they know that when thier sons need work doing on thier MX bikes all they have to do is ask and I'll sort it out for them
once again Chris thanks very much for the time you took to sort out that supply of filters for me Mate :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread