Fitment Issue with Lethal Performance H-Pipe (new style)

Bpac306

Established Member
Guys, I need some help here... Please look at the attache picture, why are the mid sections pointing in?

Tried putting the cat section pipes in first (loose) then slide the H part (both pieces) into the cat pipes. This will not work and yes I had the o2 bungs pointing inward,the cat pipes are parallel to the frame of the car but the H part slants inward. I then tried to put the entire set up in at one time with 0 luck, this did not work whatsoever…. Being frustrated with NO instructions and the website offered a video on the old H style – this left me to install my STOCK setup.

IMG_6487.JPG

DaBigBone

Established Member
I got a Lethal H last week. Haven't installed it yet but I can check to see if mine looks the same as yours tomorrow

slick3

Established Member
Thank you very much, this will help!

Ahh, you must have gotten one from the same batch as me. I purchased it a few weeks ago during the sale... Anyway, I had the same problem and did manage to get it installed after fighting with it for a 4 hours...

I to tried every combo but found that only this one worked. BTW I only had 1 pipe that was "over bent" you appear to have two...

I ended up bolting up one of the Cat delete pipes all the way, Then sliding the loosely/snug assembled remainder of the setup on to that pipe... Then, I PUSHED HARD on the other cat delete pipe and got a bolt started on it, slowly turned and pulled on that pipe until I got both bolts in, then tightened all the cat delete pipees, then tightened the rest of them.

Wow, it was a B I T C H. I asked the guy on their website WTF and all they said was send pictures of hour you are installing it...

Bpac306

Established Member
Slick3

Thank you very MUCH for confirming this!!! They made me feel like an absolute idiot on the phone. I will not fight to get a piece in.... I would expect the fitment quality Lethal has been known for.

Badbob2121

ЯTR #054
Established Member
I had fitment issues with my lethal ORX. Mine was making contact with the transmission cross member bolts.

I purchased it off a friend and I could see where it was making contact in the same spot on his car after discovering the issue (guess he didn't notice/care). I threw it away and bought a Pypes ORX and it has been great.

Bgoins

Established Member
Can't imagine it would be hard to check these in the factory on a simple jig before shipment, especially if the OP can point out the issue with a ruler.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Guys,

We apologize if you have had fitment with some of our pipes. We've been selling these for years and haven't had issues with them and no one, until now (Bpac306) has contacted us with fitment issues.

If you do have issues, we want to help to make it right, that's what we are here for. If no one contacts us, then we are left in the dark with solutions to these issues. All pipes are made and put in a jig to confirm fitment, just to clear that part up. We also do have procedures that need to be followed in order to track down and correct issues. We ask that you guys work with us on this as it helps keep things stream lined as well as make it easier for one rep to pick up where another may leave off if the rep who started the RMA is not available.

Bpac306, I'm not sure if you spoke to anyone else on the phone, but during our short conversation, I think I was pretty helpful in trying to resolve the issue in a very fair way but first tried to help to make sure it was being installed properly, sequence wise. I never once said you did anything wrong to make it sound like I thought you were an idiot. I'd rather not air all that out here and would rather continuing to work with you via phone or email.

To everyone else, if you run across any issues, please make us aware. If we are not aware, we cannot fix the issue.

Thank you

Bpac306

Established Member
The problem is not recognizing an issue when a customer presents it to you. I paid money for a product that has not been installed on a vehicle and you want me to pay shipping / my time to have it properly check on a jig when this should have been done in the fist place. Also my frustration stems from taking my car apart and trying to fit a non working product on a daily driver and not having installation instructions / a NEW video on your website (since the redesign of the H Pipe) this very irresponsible of Lethal as the return process is difficult with your company.

please let me know if how this is supposed to fit???
IMG_6511.JPG

Bpac306

Established Member
Guys,

We apologize if you have had fitment with some of our pipes. We've been selling these for years and haven't had issues with them and no one, until now (Bpac306) has contacted us with fitment issues.

If you do have issues, we want to help to make it right, that's what we are here for. If no one contacts us, then we are left in the dark with solutions to these issues. All pipes are made and put in a jig to confirm fitment, just to clear that part up. We also do have procedures that need to be followed in order to track down and correct issues. We ask that you guys work with us on this as it helps keep things stream lined as well as make it easier for one rep to pick up where another may leave off if the rep who started the RMA is not available.

Bpac306, I'm not sure if you spoke to anyone else on the phone, but during our short conversation, I think I was pretty helpful in trying to resolve the issue in a very fair way but first tried to help to make sure it was being installed properly, sequence wise. I never once said you did anything wrong to make it sound like I thought you were an idiot. I'd rather not air all that out here and would rather continuing to work with you via phone or email.

To everyone else, if you run across any issues, please make us aware. If we are not aware, we cannot fix the issue.

Thank you

Sooooo slick3 is not a person??

"Ahh, you must have gotten one from the same batch as me. I purchased it a few weeks ago during the sale... Anyway, I had the same problem and did manage to get it installed after fighting with it for a 4 hours...

I to tried every combo but found that only this one worked. BTW I only had 1 pipe that was "over bent" you appear to have two...

I ended up bolting up one of the Cat delete pipes all the way, Then sliding the loosely/snug assembled remainder of the setup on to that pipe... Then, I PUSHED HARD on the other cat delete pipe and got a bolt started on it, slowly turned and pulled on that pipe until I got both bolts in, then tightened all the cat delete pipees, then tightened the rest of them.

Wow, it was a B I T C H. I asked the guy on their website WTF and all they said was send pictures of hour you are installing it..."

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
NINA EDIT.

Based on having the same pipe on my '14 5.0, there were similar issues.

Assembling the pipe can be extremely difficult. I had a local shop do the install and he even stated it was hard to get the pieces together at first, just requires effort.

When I sold my Lethal H which only had a couple of hundred miles on it, taking it apart was extremely tiring and painful. It took me over an hour to get it apart small enough to ship to a member here.

Lethal is a good company and one thing to keep in mind for first time buyers, they are very direct. Which may come off harsh one way or another.

OP - Sorry you're having issues with the pipe.

Last edited:

Bpac306

Established Member
Grabber

I have actually commented on the quality of the pipes, not a single issue there... they are extremely nice. I have been doing this since the BBK fox body days and this pipe has one of the best quality next to Kook ect... (well besided not fitting at the moment) AND I know this is the manufactures / fabricators fault but trust me when I say the issue could have been resolved prior to me asking around on the internet. Im a very loyal customer to a few vendors but this was my first purchase with Lethal

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Further to your point Bpac.

Drew @ DMP even said it was a pain in the ass to assembly and took a little longer than he anticipated.

I too struggled taking it apart once I sold it and I'm sure it was harder sliding the pipes on in the beginning prior to install.

Hope this works out for you and you get this resolved.

Redline8k

Established Member
I have the older stainless H that I still have to install. Hopefully i wont have this issue....since we are all in IL and on the CMC fourm we should have an install day... that way we can all put our experience to use. OP hopefully you can resolve this with Lethal. I have had no bad dealings with them. If it is indeed a production error Im sure they will correct it. it looks like its just the two extensions being misaligned so maybe they can send you new ones with a return shipping label.

corepwn

Established Member
For what it's worth, I have an original stainless H from lethal and had no issues at all. It's been on and off a few times. Probably putting up for sale soon though ;)

Turbo5.0

Established Member
This sucks! Must have a new guy bending up the new pipes and slipping them by QC!

Hopefully they fix the problems and recall/get rid of bad stock.

I was going to order one soon, but now want to hold off until the bad ones have been found and or pulled out of stock.

I have put on numerous ones in the past and never had to fight one in place.

Is it all of them? Just the new design? H and X pipes? Stainless and Aluminized?

JDos1

Established Member
The old design fits like a glove. Not exactly sure why it was changed.

Turbo5.0...look a couple comments above, a member is fixing to have an old design for sale.

Nuar

Established Member
Pipes are bent too far... plain and simple. A monkey could see that from the pics.
Lethal needs to send replacements to the owners of the defective pipes (AFTER VERIFYING PROPER PIPE ANGLES PRIOR TO SHIPPING) with a return label.
It's their screw up and the customer shouldn't have to pay any additional costs... The frustration of taking the stock exhaust apart for nothing just to reassemble the stock components should be payment enough.

I got a MAC Prochamber with similar bullshit fitment. I sent it back for a full refund and I will never buy mac shitty products again... That should say something... Except this situation is different... where MAC is KNOWN for crap quality parts... Lethal is NOT. They are usually top notch quality. Every manufacturer will run into some issues along the way. It's how a company handles an issue/problem that differentiates a good company from a shady one. I have no doubt Lethal will correct this issue with you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread