• Monte SS w/ turbo'd 6.0

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Nothing, save up and buy something more expensive later, still have debt

Votes: 43 45.7%

• Total voters

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Well I just sold my Cobra yesterday. The whole reason I put it up for sale in the first place was to get the money to buy a white C5 Z06. Now that I have the money, I'm not exactly sure what I want to do. I am going on a deployment in 4 months, so no matter what I get it will be sitting for a year. Here are the options I'm giving myself so far.

-Buy that Z06 and rock it until I go, and save up for boost and pay it off while I'm deployed.

-Buy a white RX-7 and work on the exterior until I go, and save up for a LSx swap and pay it off while I'm deployed.

-Buy a clean 80's Monte Carlo SS and throw in a turbo'd 6.0, strictly for track fun, obviously be paid off prior to deployment. I'm thinking black on black and slammed to the ground.

-Buy nothing, remain debt free and buy something when I get back, only problem with that is it would more than likely be a C6Z or newer CTS-V, which I would have to finance a large portion.

Storage isn't going to be an issue, so that shouldn't be factored into the equation. I see the pros and cons of every option so at this point I'm just looking for your guy's thoughts and opinions.

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
I voted for the C5z option. Although I like C6Zs much more, debt free is very nice. Besides, if you're debt free when you get home you will have extra cash for other toys or will be able to finance something else altogether.

Fuerza

Established Member
Wait till you get back, who knows what will happen and you never know how your taste in cars will change.

ReefBlueCoupe

Established Member
I love white C5 Z06s.

whitez06_1.jpg

whitez06_2.jpg

SneakyPete

Banned
C5 Vettes suck. Save up for a C6Z and it'll be more than worth the wait.

Uhh, no. They're still a very formidable car w/ mods, especially boosted. I know you have a drag car but i don't care how much faster your mustang is, a C5 Z06 is still a better quality car than a similar year Mustang by FAR.

So boosted C5 Z or stockish C6 Z OP?

61mmstang94

Established Member
Uhh, no. They're still a very formidable car w/ mods, especially boosted. I know you have a drag car but i don't care how much faster your mustang is, a C5 Z06 is still a better quality car than a similar year Mustang by FAR.

So boosted C5 Z or stockish C6 Z OP?

1) they are formidable, but so are many cars.
2) what does my car have to do with it? It wasn't an option anyways :??:
3) I never compared the c5 to a mustang, just a c6z.
4) u mad?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
buy nothing, you will save money on insurance and purchase price, plus you can save more and buy something better if you wait.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
My first car was an 87 MonteCarlo SS. It will always be a favorite of mine. A turbo 6.0 in it would be a wild ride. Far from the fastest but fun.

jrandy

Established Member
Why buy something just to have it sit? Invest the money then when you come back you can figure out what you want.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Wait it out, save a ****load while deployed, cone back and either get a c5z and mod the piss out of it or a c6z with money for some boltons.

Users who are viewing this thread