First World Problem: To Sell Mint 2001 Lightning and 2011 Platinum for...

paulyboy928

Established Member
Keep the lightning. I agree with that the new f150 will be just another f150 in a couple of years. Lightnings will always be a badass truck.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Keep the Lightning. You don’t see a lot of them it’s making 600hp. I got excited seeing the one below the other day.

6f8e8579eb352127235cac78013af025.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scv8

Sideways SVT Poster
Established Member
Keep the Lightning, or get a higher mileage Lightning you're not afraid to drive often.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Keep the Lightning! I really miss both of my old ones. L's are relatively small and lightweight sport trucks that still feel nimble, not sure why anybody wants to go fast in these new skyscrapers.

Comp04svt

Established Member
I would personally decide whether you want old school, or technology. The L already makes around what the platinum will, and will be more special than the platinum will ever be. But if the L is gonna just continue to sit, then you might as well have a BA daily, so you can enjoy driving something with the power.

If it were me, I would keep the L. You could build the motor in the L and still probably come out ahead on the deal with how much these new trucks cost.

merkyworks

Established Member
Every time I see a lighting I tell my girl/son that is a special truck. Don't see them often! But the dishwasher never gets it!

My dishwasher doesn't gets it either, haha.

I love Lightning's and think they are so cool, had a friend in high school that has a 351W Lightning and I was hooked after that. The OP has a C7Z so if he wants fast then that car can do that just fine. The 01 L is 17 years old and while it still makes good power it's just 3 years away from being considered a classic vehicle. With 14k miles, 1 owner and basically an all original vehicle I do think this L is special...holly grail Lightning LOL?!? I would keep Lightning and just trade in the 11 for an 18.

Never_Enough

Established Member
But if the L is gonna just continue to sit, then you might as well have a BA daily, so you can enjoy driving something with the power.
This about sums it up. With that said, I wouldn't sell it for the give it away price. I still like my Speed6, but it's time to move on. However, not for the dumbass offers I have so far. It costs me 0 to keep so I will park it before I give it away.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Keep the Lightning! I really miss both of my old ones. L's are relatively small and lightweight sport trucks that still feel nimble, not sure why anybody wants to go fast in these new skyscrapers.
The new rcbs 5.ohs are already faster then the L and weigh a good 300lbs less. I for one wanted the new tech that comes in these trucks. Although they do cost a fortune.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
The new rcbs 5.ohs are already faster then the L and weigh a good 300lbs less. I for one wanted the new tech that comes in these trucks. Although they do cost a fortune.

I can definitely see using a rcsb for that but not the 4-door loaded platinums. My FX4 is huge on the road, I just don't see the appeal of making them fast when you have better options like you pointed out.

1 VET ETR

Established Member
Well only time will tell if I can even pull the trigger on letting my oldest go or not...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
This about sums it up. With that said, I wouldn't sell it for the give it away price. I still like my Speed6, but it's time to move on. However, not for the dumbass offers I have so far. It costs me 0 to keep so I will park it before I give it away.

You don't keep it registered? Or insurance and maintenance?

OP, if that silver Lightning is yours, keep it. It looks great. If the reason you rarely drive it is because you just don't enjoy it [anymore], get rid of it. You have two trucks too sell/trade to get a new F150 then mod it. Why not trade those trucks for a new Raptor? The Raptor has a lot of "luxury" features inside, if that's what you're looking for in addition to power. No way I'd trade both trucks for just a run of the mill F150.

Never_Enough

Established Member

OP, if that silver Lightning is yours, keep it. It looks great. If the reason you rarely drive it is because you just don't enjoy it [anymore], get rid of it. You have two trucks too sell/trade to get a new F150 then mod it. Why not trade those trucks for a new Raptor? The Raptor has a lot of "luxury" features inside, if that's what you're looking for in addition to power. No way I'd trade both trucks for just a run of the mill F150.
Obviously I insure it. I meant 0 as in outside of that. What maintenance? I just drove it for the 1st time since December & it's for sale so I, hopefully, won't own it much longer. Even if I do, it needs nothing.

1 VET ETR

Established Member

Honestly I want to like the Raptor but it does not have all the features I want... power running boards painted to match all the cheap looking plastic... these should be options from the factory. By the time I get it the way I want and with dealer mark up you are looking at 80-85k. Where as if I sold both trucks and bought a new Platinum added the Whipple it would be about 65k... the Raptor will depreciate as fast as a platinum!

Users who are viewing this thread