First visit to the strip with the truetrac

TonyG2

Established Member
Got a new best 1/8 MPH, although my 1/4 ET/MPH didn't quite beat my prev best. I couldn't believe it when I saw a 1/8 MPH of 107.76 mph on the slip (usually run 101-103). My only explanation is the truetrac differential I just put in. The car felt different right off the launch, I didn't have to struggle to keep it straight, which made it much easier to bang through the gears cleanly. My 60ft time was worse than normal, but strangely 330ft time was better than normal. If I would have 60ft'ed better, perhaps I could have had a new best 1/4 ET. It's only the first outing with the truetrac, so I'll reserve my opinion about it until it proves its durability. On the street it is rather loud and obnoxious. But this is a compromise I'll accept, if it performs well on the strip

Run1a_zpsdae25fd9.jpg

SVT_Troy

Established Member
thats still a damn good 60ft. Not far off at all from your best posted in your sig. What tires and suspension setup are you running? Any changes to anything except the truetrac? As you said, you definitely have to give it a couple more outings to get used to it then really judge.

TonyG2

Established Member
The improvement in 330ft and worsening in 60ft is a little curious. Maybe the truetrac puts down power differently than my old tracloc, and I need to figure it out. In my second pass, I launched harder and more violently, but 60' was about the same: 1.495 or something. I'm using 28x10.5 ET drags. My suspension mods is a long list: relocated uppers, strange 10-way rear shocks, ARB (that I don't use), 6 pt roll bar, SFCs, PA kmember, C/C plates, bumpsteer kit, front drag springs, lakewood 90/10's...I probably forgot a few things.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread