First Vette Kill

ademily87

Established Member
Went down to the bar near my marina for $10 all you can eat oysters this evening, and as I pull out of the parking lot after eating with some friends, a yellow corvette gets behind me and keeps a safe distance.

Now you're gonna have to bare with me on this, because I don't know my corvettes too well. I can spot the difference between a c5 or a c6, but for the life of me I dont remember if this car had pop up headlights or not.

What I do know, is that is was yellow, had what I'm guessing a z06 badge on the fender behind the front tire, black stripes on the fenders, and I think some more black accents, like wheels etc. I do remember the z06 badge on the fender and before I even posted this I did some googling :read: trying to figure out what it was, and I saw that on the c5z's and c6z's that they have the the badge on the fender, and the non z06's dont have it.

So it was a z06, just dont know which kind :-D And it had hid's, if that helps with the id'ing. Pretty sure it wasnt pop up headlights though....

Anyways, we get onto the interstate, and he stays behind me for a little bit, then shoots around me. Traffic was a little too heavy so I just let him go. Once it starts to clear up I speed back up and catch up to him in the fast lane, and hes in the lane to the right of me. I figured he wanted to play once he shot behind me after I passed him normally on the left. So I shifted to 4th at about 70mph, and took off with him behind me up to about 110-115ish. He stayed with me for the most part and I slowed back down to about 65 and he came up on the left of me. It was a younger looking guy with a fairly attractive brunette in the passenger seat, he was grinning ear to ear and she was looking out the window laughing. I don't know whether she was laughing because of the thrill of the speed, or just being a jerk lol I gave him a thumbs up and he kept tapping the throttle but we were going into a turn and I shook my head no.

This is where it gets good!! We get past more traffic and the interstate finally straightens out and I hear him downshift and stay right beside me, this time also at about 70-80 (which I wanted so I could take off in 4th and not bog. My car spins 3rd in the cold weather and it rained earlier that day, so I'll take a loss taking off in 4th instead of spinning out in 3rd)
Well I wait for him to honk it off or take off or something but he just stayed right beside me, so to "motivate" him a little I gave it a lil gas :D And then he took it, bait, line, and sinker haha as soon as i I see him hit it I nail it a split second after him and off we go!! I love how these cars just jump instantly to max power, it got me in front of him by a fender barely, almost instantly, then boom his fender was at my quarter panel, and at my rear is where he stayed for a few seconds, and I think he was actually gaining on me, and then it happens. He shifts, and thats all she wrote. He fell back during his shift maybe a full car length total by the time we shut it down at about 130mph. It wasn't much skill involved in my part, cause I just put it in one gear and floored it until about 6k rpm lol But thats all it took apparently. Guess he shifted too soon or something, but it was hands down the closest race I've ever had. (I haven't had many people try to race me, and I never instigate it)

Maybe he'll find this thread and comment and tell me some more about his car. He was a really good sport about it. Just smiled and thumbs up as he went by after racing.

My car is a 2003 cobra, IRS, boltons, 2.8 pulley, and exhaust, annnnnndddddd 118,000 miles on the clock :-D

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
If it had stripes on the front fenders (on the side by the front wheel well)it was likely a C6 Grand sport. LS3 powered. They have the same air intake as a z06 also. Just not the motor. Also have a badge where the Z06 badge is but says Grand Sport.

Good kill!

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
If it had stripes on the front fenders (on the side by the front wheel well)it was likely a C6 Grand sport. LS3 powered. They have the same air intake as a z06 also. Just not the motor. Also have a badge where the Z06 badge is but says Grand Sport.

Good kill!

Exactly what I was thinking!

Did it look like this?
http://images.jaxsportscars.com/pictures/37458236.jpg

Good kill OP.

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I was thinking the same thing. Either that or the Z51 badge where the Z06 505 badge is. Good kill though. Z06s are stripeless unless its the pace car sticker kit

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Good kill O.P! Always fun to beat Chevy's pride! I would have to agree that it was mostl likely a grand sport C6 or a C5Z, no offense but you would need more than what you have to just keep up with a C6Z.

ademily87

Established Member
Good kill O.P! Always fun to beat Chevy's pride! I would have to agree that it was mostl likely a grand sport C6 or a C5Z, no offense but you would need more than what you have to just keep up with a C6Z.

Yea I don't know much about corvettes, but I know I wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell against a c6z haha I'm thinking more along the lines of a c5z myself.
Just wish I paid more attention of what it was instead of being too caught up in the moment lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

ademily87

Established Member
Just put down 454hp/483tq corrected. It's still hot, letting it cool down now for one more run.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill OP.

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

Users who are viewing this thread