First Track Experience

pohnjarker

Established Member
Stock 2011 Mustang GT

6M, 3.73 gears, 19" stock Pirellis

this is my first track day and i was very nervous and excited...here are my races.

1. Chevy Silverado Crew Cab - Stared at the pretty green light way too long and missed third gear
2. Eagle Talon?? - wheel spun 1st and most of second
3. Pontiac G8 - bad R/T, missed third, but wasn't bad
4. Honda S2000 - missed third but was pretty good
5. Honda S2000 - almost missed third and was good
6. Chrysler 300C SRT8 - damn good run, missed 4th...somehow.

overall i had a blast, lots of nice cars there and lots of bikes running. got some bolt-ons on the way so looking forward to going back next track day!!!

First3Races.jpg

Last3Races.jpg

Last edited:
S

snakeplisskin93

Hey nice job! I was there tonite also watching and saw you running!:banana:

PM me next time you go and I'll head up again and say hi. I think in 2 weeks is next friday nite test and tune, gotta check schedule to be sure.

03ZM1

Are You Serious?
Established Member
I was missing gears and forgetting to turn the t/c off my first time out. You can watch all you want actually running is totally different. Something you'll get used to though. It is alot of fun and legal! Thats the best part for me.

S

snakeplisskin93

I was missing gears and forgetting to turn the t/c off my first time out. You can watch all you want actually running is totally different. Something you'll get used to though. It is alot of fun and legal! Thats the best part for me.

Used to nothing, been drag racing since the early 90's. Been there done that many,many times. It is a blast. My stang's were always auto's, no missed gears and always a repeatable number.

03ZM1

Are You Serious?
Established Member
Used to nothing, been drag racing since the early 90's. Been there done that many,many times. It is a blast. My stang's were always auto's, no missed gears and always a repeatable number.

I was talking about just getting used to beating on your car in front of a bunch of people. It was nerve racking for me. My car was stupid consistent either way.

pohnjarker

Established Member
my bad, i changed their location in photobucket so it cut the link...they are back now.

ive never beat on any car ive had so its hard to get used to knowing that i can run through the gears and it wont hurt it. this is my first "fast" car so im slowly getting used to it.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
The good thing is you progressed and dropped the e.t. Each time which is exactly what is supposed to happen whenever you're focused. Congrats and keep at it and the time slips will only improve from here.

S

snakeplisskin93

I was talking about just getting used to beating on your car in front of a bunch of people. It was nerve racking for me. My car was stupid consistent either way.

Ok, no problem, just a little internet out of context,lol.

I love showing off in front of a crowd, lol

It does get less nerve racking everytime you go. Me, I always had a big grin on my face every run. :burnout:

S

snakeplisskin93

my bad, i changed their location in photobucket so it cut the link...they are back now.

ive never beat on any car ive had so its hard to get used to knowing that i can run through the gears and it wont hurt it. this is my first "fast" car so im slowly getting used to it.

Don't worry, you have a warranty!!! Drive it like you stole it or like the border patrol is chasing you thru the desert, more fitting here in the SW.

Users who are viewing this thread