First-timer going to Vegas for New Years....tell me what I shouldn't miss!

mustangjunkie

Mach 1 *****
Established Member
As the title says, will be there with some military buddies I served with, and looking for stuff to do.

Automotive-related, outdoors, clubs, sports events, etc. We're all mid 20's and into everything. This is my first time and want to make the most out of the 4 days i'll be there. Staying in a suite right off the strip.

:banana:Thanks everyone!

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Know nothing of Vegas....but you sold your Cobra!?

I'm pretty sure that was you at the Pleasant Point apts, I was wondering why I hadn't seen that car in a while.

mustangjunkie

Mach 1 *****
Established Member
Lol. Yep, sold it to put money towards traveling and enjoying life a bit more. Have a couple projects now that are fast and paid off. Yep, that was me! GF lives there.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Lol. Yep, sold it to put money towards traveling and enjoying life a bit more. Have a couple projects now that are fast and paid off. Yep, that was me! GF lives there.

Cool man, I feel you on that. I live there too. Anywho, have fun on your trip. Vegas is on my list of places to visit in the future too.

TorchMach

Established Member
1) Be sure to catch the firework show.
2) Take a jacket, I went for 2011 and it was 32 degrees outside.
3) Put your wallet in your front pocket, I had some jackass try to jack mine while in the streets. So crowded I got lucky I felt it.
4) put a $100 on black ;)
5) have fun

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I'm not sure how much you're going to want to do outside because despite being in the desert, Vegas gets damn cold in the winter time. Maybe go to the speedway to do the exotic car test drive? Shelby is off the strip and I think they give tours of their facility. Plenty of nice titty bars too, if that's your speed.

Other than that, the typical gambling, eating, drinking, etc. It'll be too early for the pools to be open so nix that.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
If done correctly, you will be hammered the whole time and have no time for any plans or follow any itinerary bullshit. Follow the titties...

Adower

Established Member
PM the guy here on the board that is a DJ at a club in vegas. He has said multiple times he will get board members in to the club he is DJing at for free.

You can bet on new years you will be paying out the ass to get in to a club.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Old downtown Las Vegas = Overhead light/music show

Stratosphere = Best view of the strip

Paris = Eiffel Tower 2nd best view of the strip

Treasure island = Pirate show on the hour at night

Bellagio = Fountains show, every 15 minutes at night

The Quad / Former Imperial palace = Car collection on top floor

Shelby = as stated, moving over by the airport Dec. 1

Hoover Dam = about 40 minutes outside vegas, well worth seeing and walking out on sidewalk at new bypass bridge and looking straight down 900 feet !

Cirque du soleil = any of these shows are great, my favorite is the Beatles Love at the Mirage.

Food = you can't go wrong with the buffets, the Mirage and Planet Hollywood are two of my favorites, but also check out Toby Keith's bar and grill at Harrah's, Ruth Chris steakhouse at Harrah's, and Peppermills diner just up past the Wynn.

You'll also want to check out The gold and silver pawn shop AKA pawn stars, American restoration, and Counts customs. Google them, they are all with 5 - 10 minutes of eachother.

Pinball hall of Fame = On Tropicana Blvd, just past the intersection for the airport, further down on the left.

Last edited:

MNCobra

Established Member
dont bring any cameras or video equipment to the bars...watch Hang over before going....above all have fun and stay safe

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'll be there at the end of this month. Last two trips were with the gf, now fiance. This trip, a few friends were going on their yearly trip and invited me as a makeshift bachelor party. Fiance said her only rule for strippers is no penetration lol.

Users who are viewing this thread