First timer at Mustang Week

qwikhuh

Established Member
I have wanted to go for years and finally have the time to make it happen this year:beer: How are the police as far as cars being legal? I used to go to the OCMD cruise weekends and they were very lenient with loud cars, parachutes, etc. Is Mustang Week the same way or will they ticket for lots of random things? I can't wait for July!

CWD

Established Member
Overall they are tolerant to a point. I have seen some radical rides on the road and no one bothered them. Most got tickets for reving the engines while cruising Ocean Blvd and places like that. I will say the MW Staff really pushes safety and was quick to call for the Police when some got roudy around the Car Show as they should have. Everyone knows the power of some of these cars and the place to show it has a proper place. Turn them loose on Drag Night and have fun. You'll love the MW experience!! Look forward to seeing you there!!:beer:

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I have wanted to go for years and finally have the time to make it happen this year:beer: How are the police as far as cars being legal? I used to go to the OCMD cruise weekends and they were very lenient with loud cars, parachutes, etc. Is Mustang Week the same way or will they ticket for lots of random things? I can't wait for July!

CWD is right, the MB police do not like folks revving their engines while cruising "the strip." I've heard of too many tickets for that. Otherwise, if you choose your routes carefully and avoid the high traffic areas, you should be fine. You'll have a ball!

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
thats what i was gonna say. dont be stupid to attract attention to you or your car and you will be fine.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Where/what is drag night?

-Mark

Dragnight is on Thursday during Mustang Week. We meet up at Hooter's in at the mall in Myrtle Beach around lunch. Sometime after lunch we all take off and cruise somewhat together (lots of Stangs and SVTs!) to Darlington Dragway (1/4 mile) for test-n-tune. We've got some new ideas for Dragnight this year, so it should be better than ever.:beer:

P51 GT

mustangsofburlington.com
Established Member
Last year was my first MW as well. My current club did the judging and I had so much fun and learned alot. Police weren't too bad. I think as long as you don't push the envelope, you'll be just fine. I can say that I'll never miss a MW. As soon as I got make, I reserved the condo again.

gambit90lx

Established Member
this is my 4th one and its gotten better every year.....and last years foxbody cruise was awesome it was the 1st one...this years should be alot more

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
I am also trying to make it down, already have the week off.
Glad to hear you guys say its a good time down there

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member

Hey man,

Noticed you are from PA, I live in downtown Pittsburgh...and will be cruising down to MW as well. I'll be helping out with the SVT crew/setup/tent we hopefully will be having down there.

I'll be meeting up with a few guys in WV to cruise down with as well. Let me know of you wanna join us.

:rockon:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I've never entered the car show, not even for display. Personally I just can't sit there in that heat ALL day. I always just go to the show to check it out for an hour or so.

But I always have my car on display at the Meet & Greet and I always participate in the Speedway Fun Runs & AutoX, Darlington Drag Night, and the Friday night strip takeover cruise.

Users who are viewing this thread