First time running my 2012 at the track..VERY HAPPY!!

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
2012gttimes002.gif

It has been about 3 years since I last ran a stang down the track. I feel my stang did really well for just a 2012 Mustang 5.0 Premium package, 3.73 gears and a 6speed. ONLY aftermarket performance mods are a Bassani axle back and a Barton shifter. I ran on the stock 19" 245/45/19 Pirelli tires with 36psi. I shifted at 6500rpm in every gear and varied my launches from 1500-2500rpm. On the 7:24pm pass, that was my BEST 1/8 mph but I didn't shift into 5th and hit the rev limiter ending up with a 12.549 @ 109.64. I took my 12.52 pass and did the "corrected time" on dragtimes.com website for the track elevation=320',temperature=75*,humidity=92% and barametric psi=29.92hg and they corrected it at: 12.229 @ 116.128mph. My 60' times need some help.

I think with a tune, c.a.i, lower control arms, aluminum driveshaft and some fat/skinnies with drag radials I should be able to get it to the 11.70's or so. Then I can save for the turbo.

I'm very happy with the way it runs. I did experience quite a lot of wheel hop so I need to address that soon. The car only has 1,800 miles on it. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Congrates an good job..an yes tires an driveshaft an cai with a good tune will get your 11.7s

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Did you cool the car down in between runs (Hood open, Ice, etc.) Those are some great times. I went to our local 1/8 mile and was running consistent 8.4-8.5 with about the same performance setup. I also have LCAs, Springs and Panhard brace/bar.

SicShelby09

Banned
Nice times man. I did similar a few weekends ago. My best was a 12.67@113 with a 1.955 sixty. I have 3.55 gears and the stock 245 tires. Only mods for me also was muffler deletes and frpp k springs so far. I have DRs mounted for my next trip to the track. Im hoping for 11's on the next trip with my DRs. Still basicly stock.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Nice times. I've been about the same, best of 12.51 on stock GT/CS 19's and 3.31 gears, intake and tune. Recently did the 3.73's, just breaking them in before I go hitting the track again.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
THANKS GUYS!!!:beer:

No, I didn't let it cool down. I just drove there got in line and just went round and round. I know if I was able to cool it down it would have picked up a little more. Now I need to start saving for:
Race Stars or Weld RTS (which ones are lighter?)
Drag radials (what size and brand?)
aluminum driveshaft
lower control arms
"93 Race" tune
Jlt C.A.I
and throw on my Lethal Performance O/R H-pipe

What do you guys think about that? Anything you would add/change? What do you think I would run with those above mods and cooler weather? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Did you cool the car down in between runs (Hood open, Ice, etc.) Those are some great times. I went to our local 1/8 mile and was running consistent 8.4-8.5 with about the same performance setup. I also have LCAs, Springs and Panhard brace/bar.

Not to be a smartass but did you look at the slips? He made 4 passes between 7:10-7:34pm!!

OP, those are some great times. So you were shifting into 5th on all passes except the one mentioned?

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
It was a "ghost town" there. Wednesday night = lots of runs. I made my first pass then took a short break to get a bite to eat then back to back to back to back passes and then a car oiled down the lane as I was in the middle of burnout on my last pass so I had to sit for a while and wait. It was so humid, I was sweating my balls off sitting there waiting.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
This is obviously not possible because C&D could only get the 5.0 to run 13.2 :D...

Good times!

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
116 trap with just a cat-back exhaust!WOW! i didnt think the 5.0's were that fast. good job

scott_0

Established Member
dang you ran at Cecil? nice! Cecil is known as one the fastest tracks on the East Coast. where in Maryland are you from? Im about 15 minutes from there

Last edited:

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
MICLO50, RED TURTLE....I actually ran 113.98mph:D UNCORRECTED

Thanks for the comments everyone:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread