First time out with RedFire tonight

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
Saturday was my first time to the track with RedFire. We went down to Bradenton Motorsports Park in Very Chilly Florida Saturday night, temps in the mid 40's and Track conditions where quite slick. My best ET was an 11.680 @ 121.75 w/1.885 60' we also ran an 11.717 @120.59 w/1.890 60' and a 11.734 @121.44 w/1.91 60'. Those runs were netted by heating the tires up with a solid burnout, leaving the line at idle and then hammering it. I tried a few different techniques and ran a few 12.0's spinning hard through first and second gears. My mods are a 2.93 non slip pulley, Borla stinger cat back, and K&N aircharger CAI and a set of 275/40-17 Nitto drag radials. I also ran my Mach 1 with stock rubber and slip and slid to a best of 13.320 @ 106.37 with 2.0 60's. The cold air helped make power but the track was trickey for launching. We had a ton of fun and cant wait to do it again. I think my next step will be to get the car to hook better with some M/T ET streets and beef the IRS a bit. The car has a bunch of ET left in it with the power mods I have now. With those tire's I should be able to launch the car with some RPM and get the 60' times down to the 1.6 range. 1 thing for sure, I am having fun again!!!:D

Last edited:

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
Thanx venomus. I think the car has more in it with some more wheel time, also could have used some BFG's or some ET streets tonight for sure. The Nittos helped but just dont have enough grip on a cold track.

Tim Lester

Established Member
Hi Craig just wanted to say those times are really sweet:beer: Im happy for ya, Any wheel hope problems? Did you try any different launch technique? Again congrats on the new times. Also did you P/S?

Tim

Last edited:

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
Thanx Tim. Tried powershifting on 1 pass that I blew the tires off on. Leaving at anymore than idle just caused major wheel spin and going down the track sideways in 1st and 2nd, had some wheel hop on 1 pass in second gear after flaming first.

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
Thanx Terry, I had some luck vs. the F bodys but also Lost to a Z06 vette, I tried a tad too hard and blew the tires off and ran a 12.0 to the Vett's 11.70... Can't win them all I guess. I had hoped to make it down in time to meet up with you and some of the other 03 guys but we did not arrive until 3:15. Hope to see ya soon. You had some nice numbers bud, keep up the good work.

predator

Established Member
Great times! I was wondering how much time you spent heating up the Nittos? A good burnout and the right PSI should have helped you out a bit. A lot of times guys don't spent enough time makin' smoke and they don't grip like expected. :-D

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
Thanx Predator. I heated the crap out of them, the track was cold and slick, no sun all day and very cold for Florida temps, great for horsepower but bad for traction. I think I will scrap the drag radials in favor of some M/T ET Streets and beef the IRS a tad to obtain some better 60' times, Still a bunch of et in this car with better hook.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I watched you run TampaSVT, your car was haulin!!! I was there eairler in the day running and got to stay there till about 6 cause my friends T/A blew his drive shaft and we had to wait for a tow truck.. You might have seen us pushing it..lol.. I might be interested in your nittos though. PM me if you want to sell

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by tampaSVT'03
Thanx venomus. I think the car has more in it with some more wheel time, also could have used some BFG's or some ET streets tonight for sure. The Nittos helped but just dont have enough grip on a cold track.

nittos can hook , but the track prep has to be good and you have to be very controlling with the clutch. but bfg's and et streets definately hook better.

i think you definately have an 11.40 in it , if you got the 60' down to like 1.70. great times regardless, especially for those 60's . you definately know how to drive!! :beer:

CS 1

Originally posted by tampaSVT'03
Thanx Terry, I had some luck vs. the F bodys but also Lost to a Z06 vette, I tried a tad too hard and blew the tires off and ran a 12.0 to the Vett's 11.70... Can't win them all I guess. I had hoped to make it down in time to meet up with you and some of the other 03 guys but we did not arrive until 3:15. Hope to see ya soon. You had some nice numbers bud, keep up the good work.

Hey tampa---are they pretty lax over at Bradenton about the under 12.0 passes without the roll bar? I am goign to go out to Orlando again Wednesday but man--they now know my car and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't let me run.

It sucks. So basically I get one run and an increasingly pissed off track staff. I just can't do the roll bar- the way these cars run they are so smooth and controlled when in the 11's. Nothing like other cars in the 11's. I know I need the bar but I don't want the car to turn into an all out race car. I know--I want my cake and eat it too. :) Chris

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
Hey Redfire, Dave did my tune too, he is the best!!! Bradenton Is a IHRA Track so with your best of 11.49 you are at the rollbar point with them too. Dave and Jake told me about your apten results ( I think it was you???)... Awsome!!!

Jake, I have the SFPHQ 2.93 Non-Slip DUB Pulley with a Gatorback belt, No Idler No Slip!!!

04-MystiChrome

One Fast Grand-PaPi
Established Member
tampa:

Great times for mild mods!
What chip or program are you using
with your 2.93. I'm think'n of going
the exact way you are as I want to
avoid and idler. Also do you have the
stock shifter with such great times?

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
Originally posted by 04-MystiChrome
tampa:

I am using a Pro 5 0 with the stock lever adapted to it. As far as the program, I have a Superchip tuned by Dave Caine of Superchips through Lamottas Performance in Orlando FL. I was not full throttle powershifting, I was doing partial lift speedshifting.

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
Originally posted by 04-MystiChrome
tampa:

I am using a Pro 5 0 with the stock lever adapted to it. As far as the program, I have a Superchip tuned by Dave Caine of Superchips through Lamottas Performance in Orlando FL. I was not full throttle powershifting, I was doing partial lift speedshifting.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread