First time on drag radials, times inside.

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
I finally bit the bullet and bought some tires. I bought M&Hs 275/50/17.

My times.
R/t-.235
60'-2.105
330'-5.478
1/8- 8.101
MPH- 92.5

I didnt heat my tires up to good, so that the reason for the high 60'. I slipped the clutch and bogged in first. Kinda worried about breaking the halfshaft.

Ill try and post vid up later.:rockon:

Last edited:

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
you would be suprised how hard you can launch these beasts and yes even on stock irs.....id have a irs brace atleast though forsure....i personally just got some 16" rims wrapped with m/t's:)

Last edited:

mean03

Established Member
I broke my stock half-shafts at FFW in Ennis last year with only 460rwhp. Of course they did have 95k on them so that could have had something to do with it..

mean03

Established Member
what tires?

I had 295/35/18 BFG Drag Radials. I actually did not get any wheel hop or anything the dang thing never moved. But shattered the driver side. I have been scared at the track ever since. I guess that might explain why I just bought some BFG KDW's instead that will keep from the track for a little while!! :)

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
hey sleeperstatus, do you have long tubes on your car as well?
no just stock manifolds id like to get headers and cams in the future
I had 295/35/18 BFG Drag Radials. I actually did not get any wheel hop or anything the dang thing never moved. But shattered the driver side. I have been scared at the track ever since. I guess that might explain why I just bought some BFG KDW's instead that will keep from the track for a little while!! :)

id get some full slicks they have a better sidewall that will take alot of the abuse instead of the irs itself

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
Heres what my pass got before the camera turned off somehow. There were 5-6 other 03/04 cobras there even a KB one that couldnt break out of the 9's lol. The track was hooking pretty good i just have a touch to much power for my 315 555rs.
My only run of the night
1.9 60 ft
5.1 330'
7.7x 1/8
95.01 mph

I tried to get him to do a longer burnout. Camera is in my car

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smlBSH9kc9o"]YouTube - JasperSVT vs Latemodelracer2[/ame]

Last edited:

mean03

Established Member
no just stock manifolds id like to get headers and cams in the future

id get some full slicks they have a better sidewall that will take alot of the abuse instead of the irs itself

Yes sir I have decided that is what I will do, now I just need to find a set of 16' that I can put a set of slicks on for the track!!

sc98cbra

Established Member
Nice times.

I ran an 8.2 at 92 with a 2.0 60ft on 315 street shittos at 26psi.

Mods?

Only way you will break a halfshaft is with wheel hop. And from what I read, DRs cure more than 90% of wheel hop. You should try dumping the clutch at 4000 and see if wheel hop occurs. If not, then you know your gtg :)

Users who are viewing this thread